Another Fundraiser II it is back to help Japan 50L skins and make up

Sasy Scarborough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Sasy. First of all, the link you are providing does not work... You might want to check and fix that.

Second, sorry for being reasonably paranoiac but fundraisers for Japan have popped up so many just as baby rabbits in the spring recently. Could you please be more specific about where the funds will go? LL has launched the Relief Bears and many residents bought many of them as it was clearly mentioned funds would go to the Red Cross.

Detailed information on your project would be welcome:-)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hi Sasy. First of all, the link you are providing does not work... You might want to check and fix that.

I works for me.  Maybe you caught it while the grid was borked because it has been struggeling this weekend.

If you still one of the old style viewers you need to change "maps" to "slurl" or the links won't work.

Try this:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Deck/174/33/22

((Grrrr ... it's not working ...does anyone remember the format for the old slurl style links?)))
((OK, It's working now.   slurl.com  not slurl.secondlife.com))

But if you are having problems reaching places linked in the Destination threads (for example) then this change may fix your problems.

But then it may be that LL is feeding the hamsters that power the grid at that time so you will have to try again later.

You can read more about it here; http://anotherfundraiser.blogspot.com/

It is some really well known avatars behind this, I think it ia a solid funded and genuine fund raiser.

But, I give my money direct to the Red Cross in RL money. I treat fundraisers in SL like shopping - I only buy things I like and if I honestly think it goes to a good cause, it's icing on the cake. I will go there and get some skins for 50L, because it's a bargain, and a good cause.

I will have a look. 

I'm making 3 or 4 shapes for a different fundraiser and I'm also trying to come up with ideas for the Project Fur fundraiser. (To help animals in Japan.) I love animals. Do you think original art would sell? I'm not sure I could whip up something good enough in time. I'm not used to making things for SL in such a time crunch. What does everyone think. I don't want to make too many shapes since the selling point is they are exclusive for these sales. I will not be able to sell them or offer them rather, again after that.

I am thinking of making either some cartoons of animals or maybe some objects with paw prints on them, or something. 

What do you all like to see at these fundraisers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.