How can I add icons or other pics to my Profile's About box (Biography)?

Rebecca Qariel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can see cool icons and pics in other people's profiles in About section, but I don't know how to do it. I use the newest version of  Firestorm. I can't see any code on the Web side either. Ty:)

Ty SAULGOODiE, but I didn't ask about the profile picture, I asked how to insert icons or pics to the text box, it's About section (also called Biography).

Thank you, Whirly Fizzle! Tricky, but I got some icons to show in the text box. Cool! :smileyvery-happy:

3 answers to this question

You can set any texture icon that is referenced in textures.xml in your legacy profile.

Easiest way to see how this is done is to open is to open the web profile of the avatar that has the texture icons & look for the <icon>blahblah</icon> in their profile text.

You need to put the path to the texture between icon tags.

For example:

<icon>icons/SL_Logo.png</icon><icon>widgets/Error_Tag_Background.png</icon><icon>icons/check_mark.png</icon><icon>navbar/Favorite_Star_Active.png</icon>

This will display the following icons in the profile:

You will find the textures.xml file in viewer install folder\skins\default\textures

Note that people using web profiles will just see the text, not the icons. This only works on Firestorm legacy profiles.

You also wont see the icons on your own profile, you'll need to check you did it correctly with an alt viewing your profile.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.