Cha Cha Changes.......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well well well, after many years the Lithium Forum Comments Count feature has been miraculously been turned on. - Woo Hoo !

Chasing down those hidden posts in SL Answers has just become much easier. I wonder what else has been "adjusted"?

I bet the person who last modified the Forum Software Configuration was finally released from LL prison. :P 

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

...and as soon as it was implemented, it was also removed. Sigh.

It may be back.

But that's a leeeetle bit worrying actually. I've seen some comments that definitely weren't intended for public view. I think msot users here don't realize they are supposed to be for everybody to see. Besides, comments to comments to answers ... the Answers section may turn into a discussion forum fast.

ChinRey wrote:

...and as soon as it was implemented, it was also removed. Sigh.

It may be back.

But that's a leeeetle bit worrying actually. I've seen some comments that definitely weren't intended for public view. I think msot users here don't realize they are supposed to be for everybody to see. Besides, comments to comments to answers ... the Answers section may turn into a discussion forum fast.

It has come and gone a few times this afternoon. They are having issues with the page template especially with the Header bar...

Current Header:

Comments Implemented Header:

The stuff in the upper right gets scrunched a bit and the Mail icon is in the wrong position.

IMHO Wouldn't it be easier to just hire a programmer with Lithium experience?

Just Saying! :P

It's back......

Notice that the outer Table Elements are missing from the active part of the forum board. The ones that LL put the sidebar advertising code in. The inner table(s) feel a bit crowded as a result of losing the bounding attributes that the outer table used to have.I think that is also what is causing the upper header to appear squished as well.

I bet the programmer gets it right in 2 days....any takers?

What's worrisome is that I don't think there is a live "test" SL Forum for them to use when testing changes before releasing the templates to production.

Notice that the outer Table Elements...

I saw that text in the post summary and got excited. I thought you were talking about this...

http://iupac.org/iupac-is-naming-the-four-new-elements-nihonium-moscovium-tennessine-and-oganesson/

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/04/461904077/4-new-elements-are-added-to-the-periodic-table

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I saw that text in the post summary and got excited. I thought you were talking about this...

;-).

Maybe she was. Nihonium exists for only a thousandth of a second and the other three aren't exactly remarkable for their longevity either. Just like the changes Karen Michelle managed to document here.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that the Lithium / website programmer is having issues with Javascript and/or the back of house languages being used to present the forum pages...

When I use the Internet browser IE11 i get this presentation [intermittently] along with the nice Comments (n) feature:

However when I use the Firefox & Chrome Internet browsers present as follows:

What are you Opera & Safari Internet browser users seeing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.