Marketplace - Set Fixed Fields

MadmanJohn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After 5 years of dealing with marketplace and all of it's twists and turns I have a few suggestions that would make things a lot faster and easier to load multiple items. Tonight I am loading 200+ Breedable animals to a site that has been wiped clean and re-branded and there are settings that could stay the same. For example, if there was a Field Lock checkbox for each selectable field it would be a huge huge timesaver. Here's what I mean; tonight I am working with breedable cats so they will all be the same amount of prim, they will all be cats, they will all be transfer only, they will all have "unpack" checked. If i Could lock those fields in at the start of the session that would save me 2500 mouse clicks right there.

Another suggestion would to be able to use the "brand url" for more than just avatar clothing and accessories because for us this would be a great place to be able to set and lock the creators website to link back to the help pages and user forums.

The "video url" field could be able to be used for more than videos, in this case, none of these have been born yet so there is nothing to watch and watching an animal turn from a box to an animal over 15 minutes time would make a pretty boring video because its a click and wait situation, but there are other things we could use that field for and once set you should be able to lock that field to the same link every time, same goes for the slurl. There should also be more than 1 additional url field. Social media fields would also be an advantage and since not everyone is into everything, just give us the ability to add up to a half dozen or so url fields and the ability to name them any way we need to and upload an icon or assign a button to each one would be huge.

In the end 90% of the time the only things that will change for most items is the extended description and title and keywords and item pictures / textures. I have spoken with builders, clothing and accessory creators and other animal breeders and everyone I have ever spoken with this agrees with this and it would be a big huge step in making marketplace a lot easier to navigate and work with. A lot of this could be permanently set in the "merchant store setup". Having all of this set beforehand so all we need to do is change the item would be a major timesaver for everyone involved with marketplace for both the merchant and the customer. This would also enhance performance because if the all of the variable fields were permanently set, that is less for the server to change for each item and page as the only thing that changes is the item.

One other thing and I have brought this up in here once before: this site used to have a different type of animal in it. In the "Quick Fill" button, there are now hundreds of old dead links that will never be used again that should be flushed from the servers. This is something the user / owner should be able to clean and remove ourselves and would also free hundreds of old dead links from the server system instead of waiting for them to fall out of the system over time. When dealing with animals that are all completely different because of traits or other reasons, as we sell one and replace it with another, each old link becomes worthless and there is nothing reusable since no two are ever fully exactly alike so the title and extended descriptions are NEVER the same, for us this is a useless field that just clogs and slows the server system down so this would benefit LLabs systems as well. Just like any web browser since this "store" has been re-branded, old history from the past is now useless information that can be disposed. A "start over" button in the merchant setups to " completely wipe past information and fully re-set this store" would be a huge advantage for both the customer and the server system performance.

I would love to see some feedback on this and some upvotes from other residents, let's get this changed and modernize and optimize how we do things.

One other thing: Speaking on just animals here, there are now so many cats and dogs, they should be categorily separated, cats, dogs, horses, tigers, and fantasy animals such as krafties, meeroos and the like, should each have separate search filters. This would make things a lot easier to find for the customer and to market for the merchant. As it stands currently, cats and dogs are grouped together and everything else is lumped into one group. Separating these would make things easier to find and also help reduce server load and page loading times. I am sure this would also apply to many other items. Marketplace has grown and changed a lot over the years and is much more reliable and robust than it used to be. Adding these suggestions would improve things even more for everyone involved.

For those of us that are re-sellers of transfer only non-identical items, everytime we sell something, it has to be manually replaced or re-loaded and all our items are always different. No 2 items are ever alike and none of these are copyable, so every day we must start brand new fresh item pages that are completely blank.

In your case you are starting with an item that is copyable and once the package is loaded and the page is set you can more or less walk away. For us every time a new animal is born or a new trait comes along, it means a new page for every birth, and we go thru this anywhere from a half dozen times to 50 times a week or more as no two items are alike and we never have more than one of the same item to sell, so every day we must start with a blank "edit item listing" page and fill every field in from scratch. Every animal has its own ID code so no two are ever alike, and none are copy. When we sell an item, the folder goes empty and that page / item listing is history and will never be used again.

Many of the items on the "edit item listing" page stay the same for any type of store, whether it is furniture, clothing, buildings, animals or whatever. Many of the fields on that page can be permanently setup in the merchant store setup page and would not need to be filled in each time in the "edit item listing" page. This would save huge amounts of time for everyone involved and make setting a store up and mantiaing it a lot easier for the system and its merchants and customers.

I made several edits as I wrote and re-read that original post. Please re read it now and see if it makes any more sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.