Begin Again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New hypothetical question!

You log into SL with your oldest and/or most cherished avatar. It's set to a starter avatar. Opening your inventory you see only default folders. After frantically searching through the inventory and finding nothing, no clothes, no skins, no friends, no profile, etc., you get an IM by a linden. They tell you that due to a freak accident your avatar has been wiped clean. All they could do is get you into a new account and give you your name and birth date back. There's nothing else they can do. 

What do you do?

I'm luskwood staff, so I can easily fix my avatar missing issue.  clothing,  I should be able to fix as I only use one persons clothing but the mesh body would become an issue, but that can be fixed after I reinvest money.  otherwise.  wipe it!  is all I can say.   to much crap in there after 9 years lol.

If you are able to log into your account, you don't need another one given to you with the same name and birthdate.

This actually happened to me.  I log in and my entire inventory was gone.  I was a grey ruth since my shape and skin were gone too.  Luckily I owned a sim and had conceirge service and so called them.  It took some doing and time but LL did restore my inventory. 

You inventory never is wiped away unless the entire asset server it's on is wiped clean and even then they have back ups.  You inventory can be disassociated from your account however and need to be reassociated.  That's what LL did to restore my inventory.

Bree Giffen wrote:

You get an IM by a linden. They tell you that due to a freak accident your avatar has been wiped clean.

A Linden contating me in-world to tell me they had an accident?

I would have logged of immediately and checked RL to see what else was different in that new alternative universe.

ChinRey wrote:

Bree Giffen wrote:

You get an IM by a linden. They tell you that due to a freak accident your avatar has been wiped clean.

A Linden contating me in-world to tell me they had an accident?

I would have logged of immediately and checked RL to see what else was different in that new alternative universe.

A more serious answer from me since this is a very serious topic of course.

Loosing my friends list would be a minor inconvenience. I know who my friends are and where to find them so I would't take that long to add them again.

Loosing my inventory would be sad, I have some gifts from riends I value very highly there. Most of my own works are backupped (is that a word?) in so many places I can't imagine loosing them all. The rest of my inventory I can do without. I'd rather not of course but it wouldn't be a disaster and one the bright side, at least everything would be less messy.

But if I lost my land here by accident and LL was unwilling or unable to fix it, I would explain the situation to all my friends and my tenants, say good bye, log out and never come back.

ChinRey wrote:

Loosing my inventory would be sad, I have some gifts from riends I value very highly there. Most of my own works are backupped (is that a word?) in so many places I can't imagine loosing them all. The rest of my inventory I can do without. I'd rather not of course but it wouldn't be a disaster and one the bright side, at least everything would be less messy.

I agree.  Photos would be missed.  I have a few friends I helped whrn they were starting to build and I know at least one would love for me to loose the first few dresses she gave me but those mean something more than just a piece of clothing.  The bulk of what it would take to re-build my avatar and her closet I can have redelivered.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.