LL Moving A Full Sim

Julienne Bellisserian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It is really a fast process if everything has been prepared properly.

[ ] The Allowing Neighbor option needs to have been completed prior to the start of the move. You should have done this prior to Creating the Support Case for the Move.

To specify a Resident you want to be able to buy land next to yours:

1. Log into the Land Portal.
  2. Click Land Manager > My Regions.
  3. Select the estate for which you want to specify allowed neighbors.
  4. In the Allowed Neighbors column, click the edit link for a specific region.
  5. Type the name of the Resident you want to allow as a neighbor into the text field and click add.
  6. Click close. The Resident you specified can now buy land next to that region.

[ ] After Linden Lab has the Request then they will schedule the GRID coordinate Move and the World Map Update activities. The Region will be shutdown, be reprogrammed with new GRID start-up coordinates and started again. You should get a temporary LM address wen this is completed. It was interesting to watch the updates happening the one time I could get to one of my regions during this process.

[ ] The Asset Server caches get flushed of your Regions old location and record the new location for the rebuild activities on the rezzed items. Propagation of the new location of your Region can take several hours to complete.

[ ]The The Knowledge Base Notes that moving your private region causes links made from the Picks tab of the Profile window to become inaccurate. 

Apparently the link locations in Picks are text data and unsearchable, preventing them from being updated.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.