Floating in the MIDDLE OF A SKY OR OCEAN! HELP?

SeleneAshling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever I go through a portal to be teleported to an art destination or a roleplay destination, I get dumped into the middle of a sky just floating or the middle of an ocean just running upward. I've tried teleporting to a different location or teleporting back to the tutorial location and nothing helps. I've tried looking up help here and there, but I can find no answers. It would be really nice to just be able to sit down and talk with people but I can't even to that when I'm looking at endless skies or oceans. Am I doing something wrong? Please help me?

2 answers to this question

It is not uncommon for people to end up high in thin air or under water when they go through the portal. The destination list there hasn't been properly updated for ages and many of the places it tries to send you to are long gone.

But are you saying you still float in the air after you have teleported back? If you are, try to click on the "Fly" button (or use the "F" key shortcut. Then click on the "Stop Flying" button. This should fix the problem.

• Like 1

Besides ChinRey's answer, you could be experiencing a glitch...especially if you can hear chat from people nearby...but there does not appear to be anyone nearby.  If that's what is happening, things look very different to you and to others.

I have encountered people who are apparently frozen in place.  I can chat with them in either local or IM, but they tell me that they cannot see me or anything else, and that they appear to be floating in the sky, or over an empty ocean.

They are incompletely connected to SL.  A re-log usually fixes this, but you say it happens to you all the time.  I would check your internet connection.  See this helpful article: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.