Missing inventory

Sandy Vidor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use to have over 20,000 inventory items, now I have only 10,000 I did not delete them, so where are they?  I get to my home, I had use a ready made avator since my I created disappeared.  I paid for most of that inventory and now its gone, please help.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

What usually happens is that you have a communication failure at some point when your computer was updating the viewer's inventory cache, so your cache becomes corrupted. That's most likely to happen during login, but it might happen at any time if you have a wonky connection.  The easy solution is to erase the cache completely and force the viewer to download a fresh copy of inventory from the asset servers.  Here's how >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear  (Those instructions were written by the fine support staff at Firestorm, but they work for any viewer.  Just type "SecondLife" wherever it says "Firestorm".).

ETA:  Incidentally, the most important sentence in those instructions, IMO, is the one that says, "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. ":.  Just be patient.

• Like 2

You said that you made much of your inventory. There are some pretty major issues with going back and forth to Aditi and the "new" inventory in both places (only one way of course). I have had some major issues on Aditi and some old inventory showing up for LONG ago in my Agni account.

Sorry, I read your post wrong so unless you HAVE been over on the beta grid that is not the issue.

So that could be the issue too. If you clear your cache with no results you may want to contact support. Note that you will likely need to be on the Linden viewer in order for them to DO anything :D.

Inventory DOES disappear. I have lost well over 10,000 items over the year in several major database fiascos. So that happens. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed for you.  Mine was not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.