help

ri13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

No... but, it depends on what you mean by "transform".

A mesh avatar uses a mesh body, which is worn over the classic avatar body. I can 'transform' my classic avatar by putting on a mesh body. But, I can't 'transform,' as in convert, the classic body into a mesh body.

It is possible to export an avatar look, aka a shape, as an XML or OBJ file. THat can be taken into Blender or another 3D modeling program and turned into a mesh body, which can be imported into SL and worn.

No, and I wonder how much experiance with both ("classic" and mesh avatar) you have.

What is usually refered to as the "classic" avatar, is the original avatar everyone has and which you never can get rid off completely. Its the absolute basic and consists of things that can not be detached, only replaced (like your shape, for example). Even if not visible for the eye, this base will always be there.

Mesh avatars on the other hand are technically objects. They are worn and only appear to be replacements of the classic avatar. Therefore they can not use system layers, like the original avatars can. And thats why you can't "transform" one thing into the other.

Also (and this is kind of off topic): PLEASE try to chose a more specific headline for your next question. You always chose just "help", because at first glance I just thought you reposted the question you had earlier today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.