what is the correct positioning for a SCULPTED underbust corset for a sculpted piece

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello every one I am undertaking a sculpted corset as a project as one of my frist clothign peices to add to my collection of "things ihave done in SL" and... ihave successfully created an alpha for it...

HOWEVER..........Ihave placed this in several spots on my avatar bones such as - avatar center, spine, pelvis, avatar center and CHEST.....it still moves out of place like it shifts

then i thought i got clever....and added an invisiprim to the corset and tried all the avatar combination body positions and i get the same issue...i do get SIGNIFICANT reduction in movement from the CHEST position bit it still moves as my avatar AO moves 

I know my alpha needs work..... but i will add photos of waht i mean.....

SO how do i correct this so that the SCULPTED corset will move withthe natural movement with the avatar??

Any help is appreciated....

it LOOKS GREAT when i am in pose stand mode--but NOT when my avatar moves below is me in pose stand mode

PS....... I have resized a million times and that doesnt do anything for this issue and ihave even converted my avatar to the standard sizing avatars sold on the MP for free.....becuase my reg avatar is tall and has a big butt!! LOL  :matte-motes-inlove:

3 answers to this question

You're seeing one of the reasons sculpted clothing never became popular...

If you're committed to using sculpts, you might try this: Instead of making the corset a single piece, make two pieces - one for the top of the corset and one for the bottom - and attach them to different parts of your body. Make them both so they're built like cups, with the "brim" at the top and bottom and the curved, closed parts overlapping in the middle.This is similar to how sculpted boots used to be made.

• Like 2

This is one reason why I advocate good old-fashioned clothing layers for very "tight fitting" clothing.  It ALWAYS moves correctly with your body!  Fitted mesh would mostly work too, but you may run into the body cutting into the edges of the mesh object in certain poses.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.