I have a bed that i purchased about two weeks ago ... ive set the bed for all users including the ba

Dawn OHanlon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a new bedroom suite about two weeks ago.... ive set the menu user to ALL and the ball users to ALL.  It seems anyone can use this bed except my partner.... even his ALT can use the bed.  Can anyone explain what the problem is... I've written the creator twice and also his partner ... no one responds.

The bed came from DEPOZ which is a popular merchant in second life.  There was not really much in the way of instructions on how to operate the bed... through trial and error i have managed to figure out how to make adjustments to positons but it simply will not work at all for my partner...  Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

There is no reason for this that I know of  Sounds like just a system glitch. He can always file a support ticket to have LL check his account if he's premium but it probably will go away another day.  You could try to reset the scripts to see if that helps. 

What you have is an MLP animation system, which is open sourced.  Instructions for it are supposed to be in the Edit contents tab of the object.  You can also refer to this wiki page

• Like 1

Dawn OHanlon wrote:

I purchased a new bedroom suite about two weeks ago.... ive set the menu user to ALL and the ball users to ALL.  It seems anyone can use this bed except my partner.... even his ALT can use the bed.  Can anyone explain what the problem is... I've written the creator twice and also his partner ... no one responds.

The bed came from DEPOZ which is a popular merchant in second life.  There was not really much in the way of instructions on how to operate the bed... through trial and error i have managed to figure out how to make adjustments to positons but it simply will not work at all for my partner...  Any help would be appreciated.

Was he ever able to use the bed? There's a bed system that normally remembers that an avatar gave permission to use a certain poseball but under some circumstances this permission can be lost unexpectedly and that particular bed system never re-checks for permissions because it assumes they were already given. Has he tried sitting on the poseball you normally use, and have you tried sitting on the one he uses? Sometimes that helps in this situation. If that doesn't work the next step would be to edit the bed and from the top viewer menu select "Build" - "Scripts" - "Reset Scripts."

• Like 1

I'm not absolutely sure what you mean when you say he can't use the bed. If you mean the animations in the bed don't work for him it's possible he has a particularly aggressive AO that overrides all other animations, including the ones in the bed.

If it's block/mute or permission issues as Whirly and Theresa suggested, the easiest solution is probably to rez a new copy of the bed and delete the old one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.