Camera problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a builder in SL I rely on the CTRL-ALT- arrow keys to cam around as I build. It's an invaluable tool that's become second nature to me.

Recently I had to reset my Windows 10 computer and now this feature doesn't work either in Firestorm or the SL viewer. I tried it with a different computer and it still works so it has to be something in my computer settings. I have Linux Mint on the same computer and it works the same in Windows 10 or Linux. Linux was installed after this problem occurred so that can be ruled out as the culprit.

I read in an older thread that other programs can 'capture' hotkeys and make them no longer work in other applications. My thinking is that this is what happened during the reset. My question is, how can I find out what program is using them and how can I fix it? Firestorm is one of the first programs I installed after the reset, and there's nothing on my computer that wasn't there before the reset. Even less in fact. 

I have to get this fixed. I tried building without it and the only way I can work is with the rather clunky on screen camera controls and I'd rather give up building than use them. I'm hoping someone else ran into this problem and can offer some insight.

I can't help you with the problem but have you tried moving the camera with your mouse? Ctrl-alt-clik on an object, then move the mouse around while you hold the keys down. Add shift key to pan, release ctrl key to zoom.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.