need help about a script

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello

I have 2 scripts hud texture changer

one script is transmitter and second  one receiver ..but this scripts read only numbers..

How can i make them read a letters too

i need really this help and i thank you so much

there is not enough information here for us to determine what it is that needs to changed in the scripts you have

if you don't know to script then it may be best for you to either:

a) begin here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Portal

b) take scripting classes inworld

c) put a notice in the Wanted forum on this board, for a commercial scripter to assist you, assuming that the scripts are to be used in products that are for sale, and you need it soonest

If I had to guess -- and it's just a guess -- it may be that what's wanted is a texture-changing script that accepts texture names instead of keys (UUIDs). Not having seen inside the scripts, it may well be that these will work with those already, subject to the unavoidable restriction: the script applying a named texture (the receiver script in this case) must be in an object that also contains that texture in inventory.

That restriction is why it's nearly never used that way, at least not in commercial products.

(Or the question may have nothing to do with any of this. Impossible to tell.)

thats a good guess Qie

+

it might also be that is not commercial

OP might have a kemono or something. Has the applier kit and wants to put all their textures in the body and use/mod the applier as a HUD thingy to change the textures by name

dunno 

It's all guesswork, and impossible to fix unless the scripts are full perm.  We don't even know what sort of "numbers" the script is looking for.  The OP's best course is to post in the InWorld Employment forum (not the Wanted forum) to hire a scripter.

thanks to all for your answers

Qie yes i want something like that ...or different i will explain here

here is scripts 

this scripts says and listens only numbers .. so there is a way that can listens letters too.

or can you help me with another script ( texture changing hud )

all i have founded in net only scripts similar to those above.

No.  That number is a channel number.  It's like setting the frequency on your radio.  It has to be a number, so that you can tell the script which channel to listen on.   It would be possible to change that number so that it listens on the public chat channel, but that would be an extremely bad idea.  If you did that, the script would listen to everything that you or anybody else says (not just your texture messages), and it would create a lot of chat lag around you.  You could lose friends quickly.

The idea is as follows
If an Avatar wear an object with same receiver of mine and same channel number ..this object will change as well as the object mine
and it will take my texture
I test it in two objects with different owners and the other object changed too.
So this scripts are not reliable that is why i was thinking to change numbers in names and numbers to be more reliable

steps

1) pick a channel number that is negative and is a large value. Large and negative reduce the chances of channel collision with other scripts not your own. Low and positive channel numbers incur collisions more frequently

2) use the 'name' parameter in the [receiver] script llListen to filter the objects (scripted senders) that the receiver script listens for

3) in the receiver script check that the owner of the sender script is the same owner of the receiver script

eta: [receiver]

hello  wherorangi and thanks for help

steps

1) pick a channel number that is negative and is a large value. Large and negative reduce the chances of channel collision with other scripts not your own. Low and positive channel numbers incur collisions more frequently

2) use the 'name' parameter in the sender script llListen to filter the objects (scripted senders) that the receiver script listens for

3) in the receiver script check that the owner of the sender script is the same owner of the receiver script

can you explain please the second step

say for example, the channel is -234864 and the sender object is named "mysender", or whichever

in the receiver: llListen(-234864, "mysender", NULL_KEY, "")

;

the listen event in the receiver will only get messages on channel -234864 from objects named "mysender"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.