Log in failed. Log ins to Second Life have been temporarily disabled. Why? Nothing on Grid Status

Blue Porchers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i just tried to log into the Viewer and received a message. "Log In Failed. Log ins to Second Life have been temporarily disabled. Please monitor the Grid Status Page to stay Updated". I clicked on the link and everything says RESOLVED in front of it. During this time I was logged into MarketPlace which is the same log in, same account. How to I get logged in, please? I have to go to work. Someone help! lol

Why after 6+yrs am I just this month receiving the New Resident title? Just can't figure that one out. lol Sorry

Respectfully your's,

Blue Porchers

3 answers to this question

Blue Porchers wrote:

[ .... ]

Why after 6+yrs am I just this month receiving the New Resident title? Just can't figure that one out. lol Sorry

Respectfully your's,

Blue Porchers

According to your forum profile, this is only the third time you have posted anything since 2009.  That would explain the "new" title.  ;)

Always check the Grid Status report when you have questions about a login problem.

[uPDATE] Unscheduled Maintenance

by LindenStatus Linden ‎06-10-2016 06:26 PM - edited ‎06-10-2016 06:30 PM

[Posted 6:25 PM PDT, 10 June 2016]  We are recovering from an unscheduled maintenance event which has disrupted logins and other services. Logins are recovering.  However, please refrain from transacting L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items inworld until this blog is updated.  Please continue to check here for updates.

• Like 2

I also got this error 12 + hours ago , I reinstalled on the new Viewer and was able to log in , but then again there was this problem . I looked at the Grid Status and see a message with a description of the unplanned maintenance about this problem., but this unscheduled maintenance has been completed "[Resolved 6:38 PM PDT, 10 June 2016] Our unscheduled maintenance has been completed.". I can't log in again. What to do too, I don't know

(sorry for bad English)

You seem to have screwed up the reinstallation. Do a CLEAN reinstallation to replace the hidden files that were damaged during that attempt >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231 . Next time there is a grid-wide problem, take Linden Lab's advice and wait until the Operations team has repaired it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.