Sign in to follow this  
Krystylhart

I bought an item and when delivered, it wasn't what was advertised. How do i report this?

Question

You should probably flag the item listing on the Marketplace and pick "item not as advertised" as a reason. Other than that, you can only contact the seller and ask for a refund. Linden Lab refuse to get involved in disputes between residents. There is always the chance that the merchant made a mistake and accidentally confused two sales boxes. I'd send him an IM as well as a notecard, since IMs are often capped.

4 answers to this question

You should probably flag the item listing on the Marketplace and pick "item not as advertised" as a reason. Other than that, you can only contact the seller and ask for a refund. Linden Lab refuse to get involved in disputes between residents. There is always the chance that the merchant made a mistake and accidentally confused two sales boxes. I'd send him an IM as well as a notecard, since IMs are often capped.

Thanks, I'll look into it, but given the contents of what was delivered I'm betting it was a scam. Not so much looking for a refund now as much as I;m looking for Retribution.

Yea, checked into order history with this guy, turns out that he is, in fact, a scammer pretending to sell items and sends worthless junk instead. And since you say that Linden refuses to get involved in disputes like this, I can only hope flagging his "store" will prevent people from falling for this jerks scam.