Unable to change password

Asimos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried to change my password a few times and I get the error "We are unable to complete your request. Invalid password". I have done it in the past and it was working well. What have changed now? I must do asap because I need to update my beta-grid inventory.

3 answers to this question

Changing your password won't update your inventory on Aditi.  That process hasn't been in place since last year some time.  Linden Lab has been developing a new process for aligning your Aditi and Agni inventories automatically, but it has not been fully implemented yet.  For now, submit a support case to ask for help in updating your Aditi inventory.  Be sure to use your Linden Lab viewer when you log in to Aditi, however.  There have been reports of inventory corruption -- in both Aditi and Agni inventories -- from people using third party viewers.

Meanwhile, if you need help changing your passsword for some other reason, submit a support case.  Linden Lab will ask you to verify your identity by answering your secret question.  If you cannot recall it, they may ask for other identifying information.

• Like 3

Thanks you for the information, Roling.

It is true that my inventory was corrupted when I logged in the Beta-grid with a 3rd Party viewer.

In the past, the official process to update your inventory in the beta-grid (and I have successfully used it before), was to change your password, wait for 24hrs and like black magic your inventory was updated. Are you saying that this voodoo method is Not working now?

Security issues should be top priority for LL to fix! There is an option on the dashboard that says 'change password'. Are you saying that this option in Not working any more? If that is the case then LL should either take it off or fix it!

Yes, I am saying that the old "voodoo" method for updating your Aditi inventory by changing your password was removed quite a while ago. If you want your Aditi inventory updated, submit a support case. You CAN change your password if you want to do that for some other reason. That procedure hasn't changed since Day One. If it isn't working for you, submit a support case to find out why not.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.