My controller shows up in joystick settings, but does not work

Hirofox Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

Right now I'm using a Logitech Gamepad F310 installed as an Xbox 360 controller, and while it registers in Second Life as a connected joystick, button presses and joystick movement do not register in the graphs, and it does not work with SL period.

Thing is, I've used the same controller with the same driver and hardware configuration in countless PC games so far with no issues - they just see it as a 360 controller and behave as they should. Second Life is the only case where the controller shows up as an option, but absolutely does not work at all.

I'm aware of the many jerryrigged solutions (using controller as mouse/WASD), but they aren't what I need. I want to be able to use the controller for avatar and camera movement, and flycam.

I'm using Win7 x64, the latest SL viewer, and the latest drivers for the controller. Could someone help me out here?

2 answers to this question

ooh  I dont think we have 360 support in SL though I could be wrong.  can you please check the jira for related issues, and if you cannot find one, please create a jira issue as a feature request and sent me a notecard with the jira number?

I'll be honest, most likely whether this is a bug or a genuine feature request it will likely take a while to get fixed unless a open source dev happens to take a shine to it and fix it, but having the issue reported means it is more likely to get spotted...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.