Teleporting distorts mesh Nam Chibi body.

Sashiku Kas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the NAM chibi Bunbun avatar and most of the time when I teleport it becomes distorted. Not always, just a good enough number of times to get annoying. Editing each piece fixest it most of the time. Certain parts I have to take off and put back on like the tail. The tail won't fix by editing when it distorts but most other pieces will. I'm really tired of having to go through this routine when I teleport, is there a way I can fix it? Its just the body, here are the exact parts the do it:

Body
Paws

Tail

the head and ears never distort. Any help would be awesome.

Here's a picture of the damage. Sorry for the nudity but my clothes were covering too much of the distortion.

Here is how it looks normally

1 answer to this question

Somebody else will ahve to explain all the technical details but a very simplified explanation:

When you teleport, basically what you do is log off from Second Life and then back ona gain at a different location. That means you avatar has to be rerendered more or less from scratch.

That can tale a bit of time even of course, especially if it's a very graphics heavy avatar (I have no idea how the NAM chibi Bunbun score there) but you are supposed to get there eventually.

However, there is an old and never fixed bug that causes meshes to stop loading long before they're finished. It can happen at any time but usually during teleporting. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any fix for this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.