What happens to my SL land if i die in RL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if your payment method stays available, and the ones who stays behind don't contact LL, all will proceed till LL pulls the plug out of SL. It's perhaps not likely your accounts in RL stay as they are, but in europe it's not uncommon to have shared bankaccounts/CC/paypal for couples... in that case things will keep getting billed if nothing is done after passing away.

If there is  chance something cán happen, inform your family upfront, and make sure there's a legal document to make arrangements after you passed away.

In europe it's not uncommon family gets confronted with costs for subscriptions that aren't cancelled. Some companies will simply erase it, but some insist on payment.

Without documents your family has to convince LL you'r act on behalf of a passed person, and perhaps need to make legal costs to get a document to proof you are.

Land/tier payments (and premium membership) are made in USD, monies are returned to your account from sales as L$. These balances do not (and cannot) interchange automatically. This assumes you're paying tier to LL.

If an established executor is able to access your USD/L$ balance and keep your account in good-standing then... maybe this is possible manually, on a monthly or other basis.

MaxTux Wonder wrote:

Actually i would like my land keep going forever

There is a way this can happens? for example if people keep buying my stuff, can i pay my land automatically with the incomings from selling stuff?

i doubt that LL would ever entertain, them selling your L$ earned ingame  for US$ on the Lindex themselves to their other customers to pay themselves. It would open them up to all kinds of RL complications, even with some legal authority given by you to do so

+

a way I think you could keep your parcel in perpetuity (meaning until the day SL closed) and not cause complications for LL, would be for you to ensure that there is sufficient funds in the RL account to pay the tiers for as long as you might estimate that to be, and not inform LL that you are dead

any L$ the account might accrue would be sacrificed in this case, unless the executor of your estate, or a trustee in a ongoing plan, invoked a legal authority to access the L$ and sell it on the Lindex themselves. This would be pretty complicated for LL also. I think that LL would be inclined to inform the executor or trustee that once the L$ has been cashed, the account will be closed

+

the only other way I can think of would be for you to leave your account to someone in your will. By following the process to transfer an account to an existing person (which I understand can be done) then that person would assume all the responsibilities for that account as you have now. Basically you would just have to trust them to maintain your legacy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.