How do I... "Manager". Looking for experiences and tips.

Paloc2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm looking to know what managers do and how they work in SL.

I've been brought to SL to manage a brothel/strip and I would like to know more about the job. I already moderate and co-own a similar room at f-list, an adult rp site. My job there is to look over the room, what is post and if something is unapropiate to act. Also, I take care of interviewing people, usually rp with them and judge on their performance, and to add and remove people from the lists at the description.

Those are the things I do and I don't know if some will be similar in SL or if there's more to it. Any help, tips, explanation will be greatly appreciated.

-Aishtha

You hopefully won't need to know, but learning how to ban people, explain how to mute people are basic security functions I would expect you to need.

How that works will depend on how the land is set up, and what rights you have, whether you will need to use an orb to do it or whether you can do it directly. You need to discuss that with the owner.

Also changing the radio, setting music streams for Djs I would have thought would be required or useful.

My best bit of advice would be to learn more about sl, how to function, perform group duties, etc..*before taking on this job. 

While there will be some similarities, it's not quite going to be like what you're used to doing. Managing a club/strip join/brothel, in an actual virtual environment, is not the same as in a text based forum, the differences far outweigh the similarities. But, your actual duties and responsibilities are going to vary depending on what your employer wants.

At any rate, I'd spend a month or two getting used to sl first, because if you don't, you're very likely to get extremely overwhelmed and you won't be doing yourself, the strip joint/brothel, your employer or the guests, any amount of good. In fact, that's one of the most important aspects of running any kind of club, that often leads to them going by the wayside...poor management. 

Best of luck to you :) 

given that you are going to manage a Adult activity then read the ToS and Community Guidelines and understand the platform provider (LL) requirements thoroughly

do this and when some of the visitors start with edgy behaviour (as some will have a go at) and start spouting off about how what they are trying to do is somehow ToS compliant, then you will know more about it than they ever will

same if you get visits from some social greifers pretending to be morals bluestockings, and rabbiting on about how your venue is not ToS-compliant (which can happen also)  

In Second Life, we don't have rooms. The brothel you will be working at will be an actual place. Everything you have done on f-list might be part of your job as a manager in that brothel, but it could be more or it could be less. What exactly you have to do is best to be discussed with the person who put you into this position, as they probably have some expectations of what they want from you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.