Unable to login, username and passwords are correct.

MissRupa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever I attempt to log in to the website, it displays this information:

My Account

Are you having a little trouble with your password or security
question? We can get this straightened out by talking to you.

Call us at (866) 476-9763 or you can submit a support case

nothing else. it does not say my username or password are incorrect, but it does not say I am logged in. This doesn't work on the marketplace either.

when I try to log in with the SL viewer, it says this:

Login Failed.

We are unable to complete your request at this time.

I have tried logging in with both Second Life Viewer 1 and Second Life Viewer 2.

I joined second life back when I was 15 or so, when the teen grid was still being used. I SHOULD be able to get on the main grid now, however, because I turned 16 on march 18. Maybe there is something wrong with my birthdate on my account?

I am able to log in with another account.

I am using a Mac with Firefox.

My username is Rupa Canieri on the account I can't log in with.

8 answers to this question

Go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ see if you can login there and if so submit a ticket. If you can`t login, make sure you are logged out on all accounts & submit a ticket using the email address for the account in the category "SL web login issues"

Explain, as you did here, about the teen grid, as that will most likely give them a headsup where to start looking for the problem.

your account is on administrative hold.  I am not sure if its an age thing or a governance thing.  Either way file a ticket.  if you don't hear back on it you can try emailing terrance (sp?) linden.  he runs the teen usergroup so he might be able to help. 

Thats ok so long as it accepted it, keep checking your emails (including junk /spam) for replies, anytime a Linden comments or does anything to the ticket you should get an email. Hopefully you will get an email saying its resolved and you will be able to login normally after that. The other possibility is that you will be asked to submit a copy of your ID and it will explain how to do that.

Good luck :)

Okay, they asked me for an ID and I sent them a scan of my birth certificate, but I just sent them an Email and not a reply to the case since it wouldn't load, will that still work? I'm just paranoid that they didn't get it, since it's taking them a long time to reply.

Alright. I told them in the Email that the case wasn't loading. Are you saying that I should send them another email asking if they got my certificate, along with the date and time that I sent it?

Thank you for all of this help, by the way.

No thats fine, I misunderstood what you meant by "wouldn`t load"...I thought you meant it wouldn`t let you upload the scan, so I was saying submit the case reply anyway and tell them where you sent the scan.....But it now sounds like you were saying the actual case reply wouldn`t load.

The website stuff does tend to have glitches now and then, I usually try a different browser, clear cookies etc & even switching off my AdMuncher helps sometimes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.