why can't i see key numbers under avatar names on profiles? everyone says i s/b able to see them.

Szabia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i recently needed someone's key number to help with information on one of my huds.  i had to get a friend to look up the number, because i cannot see key numbers which are, i am told, supposed to be right underneath the avatar log in name in their profile.  i cannot see them either in world or on the web SL pages for profiles.  i have updated my viewer each time it has a new version but never have seen key numbers in profiles.  I am on firestorm.  friends with firestorm say they can see the numbers as well as friends with the SL viewer and other types.  i dont think this is a firestorm issue though, i did not always have firestorm.  could it be some kind of account setting?  can i fix it?

in addition, friends with all kinds of viewers say they can add picks to their profile.  i have one pick on my profile but no idea how it got there, and i cannot add picks.  the directions for adding picks wont work for me because the links to click for that option are not present anywhere in my profile, even though i have read the directions over and over... they cannot be followed because the links they instruct to use to add picks are not there. 

why am i missing these things?

Reply to Theresa - 

thank you for the comment about picks - all the directions about picks i had found before were instructions for allowing picks in the mysecondlife.com profile on the web.  am glad to know this can be done inworld.

Regarding the avatar key information on profiles,  based on your answer, i have looked in my firestorm avatar preferences including advanced, however have not been able to find an option for using legacy or any other type of profile.  the word legacy is seen in the general tab where there is a checkbox for legacy names instead of user names.  i also find in the privacy tab under general, the option to use legacy inventory offers.  i havent found the term legacy anywhere else in the preferences, regarding profiles or not.  Maybe it is staring right at me but  **** if you don't mind, could you expand on your answer so far as to say exactly where this option to use legacy profiles is located?  :) 

2 answers to this question

Szabia wrote:

i recently needed someone's key number to help with information on one of my huds.  i had to get a friend to look up the number, because i cannot see key numbers which are, i am told, supposed to be right underneath the avatar log in name in their profile.  i cannot see them either in world or on the web SL pages for profiles.  i have updated my viewer each time it has a new version but never have seen key numbers in profiles.  I am on firestorm.  friends with firestorm say they can see the numbers as well as friends with the SL viewer and other types.  i dont think this is a firestorm issue though, i did not always have firestorm.  could it be some kind of account setting?  can i fix it?

in addition, friends with all kinds of viewers say they can add picks to their profile.  i have one pick on my profile but no idea how it got there, and i cannot add picks.  the directions for adding picks wont work for me because the links to click for that option are not present anywhere in my profile, even though i have read the directions over and over... they cannot be followed because the links they instruct to use to add picks are not there. 

why am i missing these things?

The avatar key information is only shown in the "legacy" profiles and  not in the "web" profiles - the option to use "legacy" profiles is in Firestorm preferences and not available in the base Linden Lab viewer.

ETA - to show legacy profiles, go to "Preferences" - "User Interface" - "Interface Windows" and take the check mark out of the box next to "Use web profiles by default."

Picks are edited with a toolbar button that isn't normally displayed with most viewers. To display it, right-click on the toolbar buttons that show and select the "Toolbar buttons" option, then drag the "Picks" button to one of the toolbar locations.

• Like 4

Re: Editing Picks

Make certain you are logged in to SL. I didn't have "remember me on this computer" selected and it would randomly log me out. When logged out you can't edit your picks evenr though the SLViewer seems to operate fine otherwise. Drove me crazy for 3 days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.