Tier for Land

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sold a piece of property today that was deeded to a group owned by me. I want to buy new land, but it is saying I own land when I do not. Can anyone clear this up for me? Is there simply a delay between the client and my account? 

Also, why does it say my tier is $8 a month when I combined two premium accounts into a group to buy land?

3 answers to this question

You don't actually pay for owning land, you pay for the right to own land. In this case it means that although the land the group owned is sold, the tier is still donated to the group. It's easy to fix: instead of selecting "Buy Land" directly in the land menu, select "About Land" and then click on the "Buy Land For Group" rather than the "Buy Land" buttton. (Ummmm... on second thought maybe easy isn't the right word here but this is SL after all ;) )

The reason why you have to pay 8$ a month is that you have donated 1443 m2 land to the group from a single account. Reduce that to 1024 or less and donate the remaining from your other account and next time you pay tier it'll only be 5 $.

The important things to keep in mind here are that as far as LL is concerned, your two alts are completely different customers with no connection whatsoever (except being co-owners of the same group of course) and that any reduction of tier - for a group or for an account - has to be done manually while tier increases are often automatic. (Not sure why - it's almost as if LL wants us to pay them as much money as possible but that doesn't make any sense of course.)

Edit - hopefully to clarify things:

The method Lindal mentions is the way you'd normally do it:

• Withdraw tier from group
  • Buy land personally
  • Deed land and tier to group

That is the safe way since you'll get a warning message if you make a mistake.

Unfortunately it only works if all the tier can be covered by a single alt. In your case you have to do it the other way:

• Deed tier to group - and yes you have to deed all the tier from both alts separately
  • Wait a little bit to make sure the system register the deeding (it may take a few minutes)
  • Buy land for group and, as Lindal said, make absolutely sure you buy for the right group

In any case, you will have to pay a little bit extra. Two 512 m2 tiers plus 10% group bonus is still only 1126 m2, not 1443.

The reduction in tier won't happen on your next payment btw. But after that you'll go get it down to 5 dollars a month.

• Like 2

Chin is correct, but I'll add my two cents here anyway, in case putting it another way will add clarity.

You've sold the land and received the proceeds through your land group.  That's good!  But your tier is still donated to the group, and until you remove that donation the system will treat it as though you owned the land.  Whether or not the group actually owns land, a tier donation to the group is treated as a liability to you.  Go to your group info window, click on the Land and $ tab, and remove your tier donation.  Then you should be able to buy your new land parcel.

Or, as Chin says, if you plan for the new land to be owned by your group, DON'T remove the tier donation.  Buy the land for the group instead, by clicking the Buy for Group button in the About Land window.  (Caution:  Be darn sure you have your land group as the active group!  You don't want to buy the land for the wrong group.)  Your donation will cover the land tier, just as it did for your prior parcel.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.