if i have more square feet does it mean that i have more prims?

DancingQueen2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

i think you confuse sqft with sqm

most basic size for a parcel in SL is 512 sqm with 117 prims/LI

if you want more prims/li you need to buy more land, and your tier level will get higher ( more costs)

also, if you own a Linden Home you can not buy more land to attach to your home, you'll have to move to the mainland.

• Like 1

You are confusing two things:

1. Anywhere in SL, the prim allowance for a parcel depends on the size of the parcel.  You are allowed 0.229 prims for every sq m of land on your parcel.  If you want more prims, you need more land.

2. A Linden Home is on a 512 sq m parcel.  You cannot change the size of the parcel at all, ever.  Your only options are (a) economize by getting rid of some prims already on your parcel or (b) abandon your Linden Home and buy a larger parcel.

I recommend option (a).  Learn to live in your prim budget.  It is usually easy to shop for items that give you good quality without adding much to your prim (land impact) load, especially if you are buying mesh items.

• Like 1

It depends. Linden homes (the free Linden house premium accounts can request) are starter homes. They are fixed in size and can not be expanded. You can abandon a Linden home and use the free 512m2 of tier allowance given to premium accounts to support other mainland. Note that if you buy or hold more than 512m2 of mainland, you will have to pay additional monthly tier fees.

Talking about regular mainland (not Linden homes), you can buy any size that you can afford. Keep in mind both the purchase price, and the monthly tier fee if the land is larger than 512m2. Regular mainland parcels share prim allowance if they are in the same sim (a named region of 256m x 256m) and if they are owned by the same person or group. This means the parcels don't need to be all together in one piece as long as they are somewhere in the same sim (region). You can leave one parcel empty, and use all the prim allowances on the other parcel (if they are both in the same region).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.