Glitched through the ceiling when flying on tutorial island?

ItsMeEmilio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I was on the one part of Tutorial Island where you fly up then down the ramp, but when I flew up, my avatar wouldn't stop flying, so I glitched through the ceiling. Im trapped up there, I can't fly down, and I'm surrounded by invisible barriers. Help!

2 answers to this question

It happens.  Teleport to someplace else.  If you can't think of someplace, pick one from your Destination guide.  As a last resort, log out of SL and then log in at a new location (the Furball and Smith regions are nice and quiet).

EDIT:  Doing any of those things will take you out of the Learning Island tutorial, and you will not be able to re-enter.  Whirly is right, therefore.  Use her suggestions to see if you can get unstuck without leaving.  

I am guessing, however, that by the time you wrote your note here, you had already logged out or had tried something like what I suggested.  If that's what happened, don't panic.  You will not be able to complete the Learning Island tutorial, but you were almost all the way through anyway.  You may go anywhere else in SL and start exploring.  As I suggested, use your Destination Guide as a starting point.  You may also want to visit Social Island or Caledon Oxbridge University, both of which you can find with your Map tool.

There are several ways you can get yourself unstuck.
Because you are new & probably want to finish the Learning Island tutorial, lets try this first.

• In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to World -> World Map.
  • On the World map window that opens, you will see a yellow circle with a blue figure inside it - this marks your avatar position.
  • Double left click slightly to the side of where your avatar icon shows on the world map and this will automatically teleport you to this location & hopefully you will be unstuck and can carry on with the tutorial.

If this doesnt help, another thing you can try:

• Bring up the camera window from Me -> Camera Controls.
  • Move your camera view so you can see the terrain or an object away from where you are stuck.
  • Go to Me -> Preferences -> Move & View...
    • Set "Single click on land" to "No Action" (having single click on land enabled is responsible for lots of people getting stuck in walls **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**s://jira.secondlife.com/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" alt="" align="absmiddle" border="0" height="20" width="20" />).
    • Set "Double click on land" to "Teleport to clicked point".
    • Close Preferences with "Ok" to save those settings.
  • Then move your camera view so you can see the terrain or a nearby object and double left click on it.
  • Your avatar will teleport to the position you double clicked.

Does this help?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.