Where to get the old (2007) ShapeGen building tool to rez large Spheres + Cadroe Murphy (creator)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello experts!

I cannot find this old and inexpensive building tool ShapeGen anymore. 

Tool creator: Cadroe Murphy (2007)

http://www.spinmass.com/tools/ShapeGen.aspx

• Large Shapes - Construct cylinders, cones and spheres up to 200 meters in diameter
  • Adjustable Smoothness - Create a hard shape like an octagon or a smooth circle, depending on the number of prims
  • Textures - Set different textures, color and alpha for each side of the shape
  • Discs - Create a large circular surface by automatically generating concentric cylinders
  • Rotation - Automatically rotate the finished shape around the z axis by a specified amount
  • Slices - ShapeGen can generate certain portion of a cylinder only, e.g. slices of a pie
  • Width Override - ShapeGen can make the blocks a fixed width rather than aligning their edges

Cadroe Murphy made an array of lovely building tools.  I used to have one that would lay out Bezier curves for making great swooping rooflines or curved walls to line walkways.  I lost it years ago when I cleaned inventory by mistake. I doubt that it was transferable, so you couldn't use it today unless you have a copy that you bought years ago.

Dora Gustafson has made several tools for plotting Bezier curves that I think are actually much better and easier to use than I remember Cadroe's tool being, so you might check her store (Studio Dora).

You might also look for one of Ged Larsen's tools, which were very popular for several years. I used to use his LoopRez tool for placing prim panels around the waistline of a skirt.  He had other tools for making necklaces and for laying out circular/oval patterns of prims on the ground.

• Like 2

I do not need this tool to build spheres. I need this for a reson. And I need the same functionallity. 

It seems the creator disaperaed from SL activities back in 2009.

The tool wasn't transferable, but inexpensive for about 100 Lindens.

I have tried to contact Ged Larsen, maybe he can be a helpful expert for this. 

Another hope are skilled scripters who do know this tool.

Yes, just as I said.  Since the tool wasn't transferable, you wouldn't be able to use it today unless you happened to buy it yourself many years ago.  Finding someone with a copy today wouldn't help much.  

As for other skilled scripters, that's why I suggested Dora Gustafson.  In my opinion, her builder's tools are easier to use than Cadroe's and every bit as versatile. She's one of the most talented scripters in SL today.

Rolig Loon wrote:

I used to use his LoopRez tool for placing prim panels around the waistline of a skirt.

Aww, I just love the LoopRez! It's open source too so freely transferable.

We shuold make a library of all the transferable good old autorezzers. They can be really useful tools and it's a shame they seem to be all but forgotten.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.