Help using poseball!

Jagdish Indiawood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jagdish Indiawood wrote:

Help! I've just purchased an animation and have no idea how to use the poseball that came with it. I've unpackaged the animation and gottent he poseball out but when I try to use it - it only attaches to my avatar and I'm not sure what to do with it from there. Help?

Rez the pose ball and put the animation into it, i.e. drag the animation from inventory onto the pose ball.
Now sit on the pose ball and the animation should play.
If this doesn't help then come back with a deeper explanation of the problem:)

If you want to run the animtion without having to res and sit on the poseball, double click the animation in your inventory.  This will open a small window with the buttons "Play Local"" and "Play in World."  Local means that only you will see the animation.  Everyone else just sees you standing. While running, th button you pushed turns to a "Stop" button.  Just push stop to  quit doing that animation.

In general, animations that come in poseballs do not need to be unpacked.  Just res on the ground and sit.  They may need positioning once ressed but nothing needs to be opened.  USUALLY.  There are always exceptions to everthing..

I double click a poseball I've recently purchased and it ends up in the lower lefthand corner of my screen. When I right click it, I get "Touch" "Edit" "Detach" "Sit down"...none of the command for "dance" (it is a dancing poseball).

Would attaching it to an AO help?

200 lindens for a poseball I can't enjoy is ridiculous.

Jerilynn Lemon wrote:

I double click a poseball I've recently purchased and it ends up in the lower lefthand corner of my screen. When I right click it, I get "Touch" "Edit" "Detach" "Sit down"...none of the command for "dance" (it is a dancing poseball).

Would attaching it to an AO help?

200 lindens for a poseball I can't enjoy is ridiculous.

This is one of the more confusing "standards" in Second Life for new users. In order to make most things work that have an animation in them, you must "Sit" on them. For chairs and couches, it makes logical sense, so people get in the swing of doing that easily. But the same action of "Sitting" must be done for most similar things like Beds, Poseballs, vehicles, elevators, teleporters .. all sorts of things.

So when you see a floating pose ball or a device that will make you "do something", the first thing to try is to right-click and "Sit" (e.g. Sit Down, Dance, Pose, Stand, etc.) on it.

Note that some things set the "Default Action" to sitting. If you hover your mouse over the object and the mouse pointer changes to a small director's chair, that means you only need to click it and you will automatically "Sit".

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

If you want to run the animtion without having to res and sit on the poseball, double click the animation in your inventory.  This will open a small window with the buttons "Play Local"" and "Play in World."  Local means that only you will see the animation.  Everyone else just sees you standing. While running, th button you pushed turns to a "Stop" button.  Just push stop to  quit doing that animation.

In general, animations that come in poseballs do not need to be unpacked.  Just res on the ground and sit.  They may need positioning once ressed but nothing needs to be opened.  USUALLY.  There are always exceptions to everthing..

OH MY GOSH! How embarrassing! I have been hitting the play local button everytime I go to a club!! Using my own little dance thingy's... So all this time all I've been doing is standing there :smileysad:

Bwahahahhahahahhahahah

CiaoBella Mirabella wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

OH MY GOSH! How embarrassing! I have been hitting the play local button everytime I go to a club!! Using my own little dance thingy's... So all this time all I've been doing is standing there :smileysad:

Bwahahahhahahahhahahah

OMG...LOL :smileysurprised: 

Darrius Gothly wrote: 

This is one of the more confusing "standards" in Second Life for new users. In order to make most things work that have an animation in them, you must "Sit" on them. .. ... ...

I remember my third day in SL. I right click a bed and I saw (in the old pie menu) "Sit". And I thought, no, I do not want to sit, I want to lie down, where is the button to lie? :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.