Found a sl friends name on my log in data it shows my name and a alt then there name below this ?

Missy Wishbringer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Found a sl friends name on my login data it shows my name then a alt then there name. How could this happen ?

The files are on my computer and they live overseas. Nothing in the file just a folder with there sl name on it is strange.

Not anything to do with a chat log I looked. It was under my log in name lets say you make a alt there name now appears 

in a log in file below my main name this is where there name was like they logged there account from my computer. 

3 answers to this question

You might be looking at their chat log.

If you have enabled logging in your Preferences, several files are created on your local hard drive.  The main folder is called "chat".  The default location is C:\Users\(username)\Appdata\Roaming, although you can specify another location.  Within that folder are sub-folders with the names of your main and any alternate accounts.  (If your friend's alt shows at THIS level, then there is cause for concern, see below.)  Within the folder for each of your accounts are a large number of .txt files, one for each person and group that you have communicated with, plus a file called chat.txt for nearby chat.  Each of these files is updated whenever you chat or IM or get group messages.

If any accounts that are not yours appear in the list of chat FOLDERS, that would indicate that someone using that account has used your computer and logged into SL as that account.  If you suspect this, change your password and follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

As Alwin says, all of the logs of IM and chat files that you have saved are on your own computer, in the AppData area.  On my PC, for example, I can go to C:/USERS/[my RL name]/AppData/Roaming/SecondLife/rolig_loon and find a long list of folders, each one with the name of a person that I have chatted with by IM in the past.  There's also a folder labelled Chat that has a huge, long transcript of all the typed chat conversations I have had.  Those files are extremely handy if I am trying to remember a link that someone mentioned, or if I need to recall exactly what I agreed to do for some scripting client.  If you've forgotten the name of someone you (or your alt) spoke to months ago, there's a folder with the person's name on it.  Total recall .... if you haven't erased the folders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.