New to Second life

Bananurs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nalytha wrote:

Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself and what you are looking for?

Well I like to talk to people, or play games (Like overwatch, I've been binge playing it since I got it) And that's about it.

What I would be looking for is most likely friends or somethign to do in my spare time (Which is a lot since I'm on break.)

Some of the best ways to meet folks in SL :

• Go out and party! Do you have a particular type of music you enjoy? Chances are there are several clubs and DJ's that are right up your ally, and music is a great starting point for conversations and meeting new people! Use the search tool to find clubs or events that are catered to your taste. 
  • Roleplay! Perhaps if you are into Overwatch you are also a fan of science fiction or fantasy in general! Roleplaying in Second Life is not only a great way to surround yourself with active players, but it is also a fast way to meet people with similar interests.
  • Participate! There are lots of events/games that exist inworld that are great opportunities to explore and meet new people. A common starting place for new folks might be 7 Seas Fishing, an inworld fishing game that does provide the possibility of winning a little L$, so there is an extensive network of fishing events and locations all across the grid. You might not be into shopping, but Hunts and Shopping Events are also nice! 
  • Create! Since you are new to SL it can be a bit intimidating, but the beauty of it is anyone can make anything! Perhaps you might create a Group for Overwatch fans! Jump in a sandbox or building course to learn how to create your own objects and content! 

Best of luck in your journey, Bananurs, hope you enjoy your time here! :-) 

Hey, I tried to find you in-world to message and ask if you wanted to play some Greedy or something since you said you like games but you don't show up in search yet.

In-world click the magnifying glass (search) thing and do a search for "Xurias Arun" and click "IM" to message me, I'll be around for another 1 hour and 20 minutes or so and then I have to get ready for work. Maybe you'll catch me before then and we'll play some games in SL ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

The game is fun and interest for sure. I imagine making friends will take a little bit of time. I have been playing for about a week and I just enjoying visiting all the palces and seeing the unusual things there are to see. I'm sure if enough time is spent just cruising around chatting here and there you will develop friendships. I imagine it happening like that for me anyway, although I'm not too fussed about having numerous friends in any great rush. I just like going round and having fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.