Posting pictures to profile feed

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm confused about the profile feed pictures. Can I only upload "snapshots" directly in game? Why can I not seem to take multiple snapshots and choose? Why; when I zoom into first person, and take a snapshot, the snapshot is actually third person? 

2 answers to this question

The Profile Feed is merely a social tool to share essentially what you are currently doing, this is why there is no capability to bulk-upload images or upload from elsewhere. Most residents who want to not only share their screenshots/photography but also catalog and organize them utilize Flickr accounts, as you can also upload directly from your viewer. 

I hope someone else can chime in and help with the first person/3rd person screenshot problem! Personally I never shoot in first person, or perhaps I have simply not tried in a while, because I utilize the camera controls to focus on objects instead of first person view. 

• Like 1

Yes you can only post inworld snapshots. There is a way to "cheat" though, promise not to tell anybody?

• Rez a prim
  • Load the picture you want to post as a temporary texture on one face of the prim
  • Set that face to full bright
  • Size the prim to a suitable size and format
  • Take snapshot

I'm afraid you can't take multiple snapshots and choose. Once posted a picture stays posted.

The snapshot you get is always the one you see in the preview image in the Snapshot window. You can't take pictures in 1st person view (I assume you mean mouselook) but you can move the camera anywhere you like, click on the refresh button in the Snapshot window to update the pciture with the new angle.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.