Inventory issue, using ANY viewer, items appearing outside of my inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

Hi Gweneth,

The only fix as far as I know is to submit a ticket for an Inventory fix. Though I would add that someone posted yesterday that LL refused to fix hers because she is a basic member. Either way if you also have a basic account I would still submit the ticket, you may get a more favourable response. :)

• Like 1

Several shirt folders have moved (by them selves) out of "my inventory" and now they act like root folders. I have made copies (or links for no copy items) and put those back into my inventory. I've cleared cache, cleared inventory cache. Relogged, relogged into a low prim/low lag sim to let it fully load. I've uninstalled SL (over 6 times) both the v2.5 and Phoenix viewer. I've deleted all SL folders off of my computer. I've reinstalled JUST the v2.5, relogged in a sim the SL support rep said to log onto and still my inventory is messed up. I've taken a photo of my inventory and attached it to a support ticket, and one support rep closed my case saying there was nothing wrong with my inv. I followed all of her suggested steps (uninstall, restart modem, clear my computer of all sl files, restart my computer) and nothing. Now, after all that, does anyone have any other suggestions that I haven't tried? It doesnt matter which viewer I use, although for this, I've been dealing with the v2.5 viewer to make sure LL doesnt say its Phoenix based.

Gweneth, I am still getting used to this awful software. You might have to keep adding to your original post, to add a screenshot I mean - and I know the software somehow lost the text you typed in originally. To edit your original post, click on "options", top right of the post, and click on "edit" from the drop down menu.

/me waves at Peewee. I've encouraged Gweneth to post here. I know its a problem that has occurred before, and the general consensus of opinion has always been to contact LL via Support ticket, but LL suppport have fobbed Gweneth off - she unfortunately got a badly trained member of support - so I'm rallying the troops via the SL forums.

Thanks for confirming LL support ticket is the way to go.

Try LiveChat first if you are premium, but chances are they will say submit a ticket lol The good news is that the ticket backlog has been cleared and we are promised faster response times now.

This is the other thread on same issue yesterday http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/Unable-to-Delete-Folders-Placed-Outside-of-the-quot-My-Inventory/qaq-p/776565/comment-id/629#M629 she mentions that she created a bug report so maybe there is a JIRA you can comment on too.

I posted comments to this thread directly under my post bc for some reason, the thread didnt take what I wrote in it. Marking it as "no text". Anyway, yes, my first step was to fle a ticket. But as I was filling out the form, the form itself said my issue wasnt a technical one and wouldnt allow me to click 'submit'. So I started LIVE CHAT. The rep logged on as me onto SL, on a low prim sim. Said my issue was my connection/computer/packet loss. She told me to follow several steps, all of which I did, several times. When I told her nothing worked, she told me to file a ticket. When I told her the ticket system wouldnt allow me too, she shrugged her shoulder and ended the chat. So I tried several times before it finally allowed me ot create a ticket. I attached the live chat with the ticket, and a screen shot of my inventory issue. A few days later, I was told my ticket was closed.

So I opened a NEW ticket, attached the screen shot, added the old ticket number to the new ticket, so LL is aware that I followed the advice of their support rep, and I STILL dont have this resolved. Yes, Im a premium member and when I searched the forum for similar issues as mine, all posts said to file a ticket. Which I have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.