Sign in to follow this  
moonlight1135

Missing him after breakup

I'm trying so bad tp forget about him. After  the  breakup, We still Im'ed We belong  to  the  same R/P and he  is  there all the  time, he has a job there, but  I  think  since last week no  one  in  the  group  knows it.

I had Medicali issues  so I  could  not be  online often but he still Emailed and IMed.

Now for the past 4 days  nothing from him,he usually is  on  at  night.  It  would kind  of hurt  me  to see him with someone else.

I  just  want  to  be  friends.  I  am going  to  quit that R/P.

I can't  believe I miss him, but seems  he doesn't miss me.

What to  do?

Leave the rp.  If you enjoy rp find another place.  Being in his presence is only going to hurt you and you need to start healing so that you can move on.  I don't believe men get attached like women do, our emotions run a bit deeper than theirs so don't fixate on the fact that he has not contacted you.  Accept that he hasn't and begin to move forward because it will get easier in time.  Doesn't happen overnight, but it does happen.  The only type of couples who can remain friends after an immediate breakup are those who mutually agree to part.  It is possible to be friends, but not until you can heal and move past the pain of losing him.  Hope this helps.

moonlight1135 wrote:

I can't  believe I miss him, but seems  he doesn't miss me.

he probably misses what you both once had, as do you

what you both had once is a memory, something to treasure and hold close. Is ok to not ever forget. You do have to move on tho, even when is not easy to do

i would suggest stopping with that RP venue for a time like you thinking. Putting some distance between what was once and is not now, is usually a good beginning even when hard to do

also as well, even when is maybe probably the last thing you want to happen at this minute, or even think about, distance and a new venue for a time can lead to making new acquaintances. New people can be fun and interesting, in, of and for themselves. And can be a simple distraction from our own feelings and thoughts, at least in the time we are around them

Sounds like it's time to move on. If you like RPing maybe find another sim to RP on. I know it will be hard but I went through same thing oyu going through. I actualy moved to a diffrent sky box, and started a new sl life. Perhaps that is what you need to reinvent yourself. Start over. Hugs I wish you luck.

Dj Barracuda wrote:

I don't believe men get attached like women do, our emotions run a bit deeper than theirs so don't fixate on the fact that he has not contacted you.

What a load of BS!  Women have never cornered the market on emotional depth.  Men can become emotionally attached just as strongly as do women.  You actually do women a disservice by suggesting otherwise.

...Dres

moonlight1135 wrote:

I  just  want  to  be  friends.

If this were true, you wouldn't be posting this here... as indicated by your previous sentence...

moonlight1135 wrote:

It  would kind  of hurt  me  to see him with someone else.

Stop torturing yourself and break off all contact with him.  It's obvious that you and he haven't given yourselves enough time in order for your romantic emotions to wane to the point where you two can truly be friends.  You need time apart so that each of you can honestly get over the other.  Only then do you have the chance to once again become friends.

Only once you can honestly be happy to see him being happy with someone else are you ready to be friends with him.

...Dres

Retail Therapy is always a good chioce. ;)

There is a process we all go through after a loss.  Let yourself grieve; take time away from him and things that remind you of him.  Don't expect to feel better over night tho.  Time may heal all wounds but all too often it takes a double dose.

moonlight1135 wrote:

What to do?

There’s no “what to do” about this; the decision’s taken, the deed done. And there’s no magical recipe for post-breakup pain.

moonlight1135 wrote:

It would kind of hurt me to see him with someone else.

It might, but the decision’s taken, the deed done, etc. It’ll do you no good fretting about this.

moonlight1135 wrote:

I can't believe I miss him, but seems he doesn't miss me.

Different people express themselves in different ways. Presuming he doesn’t miss you might be more your pain talking and trying to find an outlet (accusing him of lack of feelings) than reasoning; then again, yes, it could be that he doesn’t, but this is no longer something you absolutely have to know, and it might be better indeed if you stop wondering about it.

Again, there’s no easy “what to do” about this. We could tell you to “move on” (in fact, we pretty much did), but I’m sure you don’t actually need us to state the obvious; in a way, the break-up itself already was “moving on”, you just have to follow through. That’s the only “what to do” about it.

oww hun i feel ur emots but u know if i was at ur place i will just give him a shoes at his head but umm go find someone else can be sucses for 46% only because all relationship at secondlife is so short dont be saad but try to make a sucses relationship at the game to make u happy i know that feeling because i was at ur place one time :matte-motes-crying: