Two Premium Accounts?

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know the math for how economical having more than one premium account is in terms of buying land/linden stipend? I have one premium account and would like to buy something a little bigger than the 512. 1024 should be good or maybe one size up from that. I'm going to build something in the sky, so just looking for dirt cheap land. Should my husband perhaps go Premium and we just deed our land to a group?

Edit: I'm looking at a land that says my tier will be $5/month if I buy it.

$5x12(months) = $60 and all I get is extra space/prims

But with premium, $72 gets me the same space/prims but extra Lindens, around $60 worth over the course of a year, correct?

2 answers to this question

If you have a premium account, there is no monthly payment for 512 m2 or less of mainland. Each premium account includes 512 m2 of tier free every month (assuming you are not already using your free tier to pay for a Linden home). If you want more than 512 m2 of mainland, you must either pay every month for the additional tier you need, or get several premium accounts and contibute their tier to a group you own and control. The group then owns the land. Group ownership of land is complicated, but gives you a 10% bonus of extra free tier.

Yes you are right that premium accounts on the annual plan are the lowest cost way to get tier. But that means you have to pay $72 all at once.

See:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.