Looking at male mesh avis. What else will I need? What's available?

Ricky Shaftoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm looking at mesh avis, in particular the Signature Gianni mesh avi, which I rather like.  I demo'd it with a couple of my skins, and they seemed to work fine.  The Gianni mesh comes complete with hands and feet, which I really like.  But I'm confused about what happens if and when I buy the thing.  Some questions:

1. If I buy the mesh avi, what else will I need to start getting myself dressed?  I don't fully understand what an applier is.  Do I need clothes with appliers?  

2. Will system clothes work on the mesh avi?  If I want to wear a T-shirt I've had lying around for 10 years, that's no longer gonna happen unless I switch back to my old avi?  (I guess one can do that easily enough with outfits.  Some of my friends disdain outfits, though; I'm not quite sure why.)

3. Also, how can I figure out how widely supported this Gianni mesh avi is by clothing designers?

Thanks!

Ricky Shaftoe wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking at mesh avis, in particular the Signature Gianni mesh avi, which I rather like.  I demo'd it with a couple of my skins, and they seemed to work fine.  The Gianni mesh comes complete with hands and feet, which I really like.  But I'm confused about what happens if and when I buy the thing.  Some questions:

1. If I buy the mesh avi, what else will I need to start getting myself dressed?  I don't fully understand what an applier is.  Do I need clothes with appliers?  

You willl need mesh clothing that fits the mesh mesh body or appliers made for it. Mesh clothing will look more realistic and applier clothing more like bodypaint. Appliers are a mesh body way of using new system layer clothing.

2. Will system clothes work on the mesh avi?  If I want to wear a T-shirt I've had lying around for 10 years, that's no longer gonna happen unless I switch back to my old avi?  (I guess one can do that easily enough with outfits.  Some of my friends disdain outfits, though; I'm not quite sure why.)

System clothing will not work with a mesh body.. at all. 

3. Also, how can I figure out how widely supported this Gianni mesh avi is by clothing designers?

You can check the marketplace by searching for Signature and looking in the mens clothing section.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.   I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could wear my existing mesh clothing with the mesh avi, with just a few minor tweaks of the mesh avi HUD.  And it sounds like mesh clothing is actually better than applier clothing, so if I do get a mesh avi, I should focus on buying good mesh for it? 

Ricky Shaftoe wrote:

Thanks for your reply.   I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could wear my existing mesh clothing with the mesh avi, with just a few minor tweaks of the mesh avi HUD.  And it sounds like mesh clothing is actually better than applier clothing, so if I do get a mesh avi, I should focus on buying good mesh for it? 

Yep, just try as many demos as posible before you buy. I have a few male mesh hunt gifts at my store.. I will drop you the LM inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.