Beta Grid Cannot get there

LadyPetunias Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The beta grid (Aditi) is Linden Lab's own testing grid, so it is not always open to residents.  When you can't enter, that's usually the firstthing to suspect.  Right now, though, Aditi is open.  I was just there.  It's more likely that you really did type the wrong login information.  If you are sure that you typed the password correctly, double check your name.  Firestorm will save previously-used login names in a dropdown menu.  My menu includes rolig loon @ Second Life, which is the login name for the main grid. It also includes rolig loon @ Second Life Beta, which is the name for Aditi.  If I use the wrong one when I try to log in to Aditi, I get the error message that you just saw.  Try typing just LadyPetunias Audion and see what happens.

This seems to be an ongoing problem for quite some time now.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-16721

You may try an older password, if you were on the beta grid before, and have changed your password inbetween. If it's the first time you want to login to the beta grid, you may be out of luck, and the only choice is to contact support.

I went to Aditi today, so I have a question for you; last time I went, a month or so ago, my landing spot was right next to a bunch of really nice sandboxes. Today I thought I used the same landmark, but got dumped in the middle of a market with no sandbox in flying distance. I ran a search but only came up with agni grid places, (at least i think that's what they were, I couldn't teleport to any of them, at any rate). How to find anything on Aditi? 

Also, do you have to change your password every time you want to update your inventory so you can work with it on Aditi? I never seem to have the same inventory when I go there, it's all a mystery to me. Half the time I don't even have a body; not wearing any alphas, just have no body.  I'm invisible inside my clothes.

There's no guarantee that the landscape in Aditi will stay the same over time.  It is a testing grid, after all.  That said, you should always be able to search for "Sandbox" and find a place to work.  There are a handful of places called "Mesh sandbox" (4, I think).

Yes, you do need to update your Aditi inventory to keep it in sync with your Angi inventory, if that's important to you.  You can't do that by changing your password, though.  You need to submit a support case and ask Linden Lab to update your Aditi inventory.  Remember that you can't bring anything back from Aditi, so any changes that you make to your inventory while you are there will not show up in your inventory on Agni when you return.

• Like 1

The process of updating the Aditi inventory has changed recently. It works like this:

You login on the beta grid. Over night an inventory sync script will run automatically for your account. The next day you log into the beta grid, the Aditi inventory will be merged with the Agni inventory. Note, it's merged, not replaced. So you keep everything you had on Aditi, and everything you have on Agni, but not yet on Aditi will be added to the Aditi inventory. So the 2 inventories will indeed be very different.

That's how it's supposed to work now, and it does for me at least.

• Like 1

Agreed that the inventory  has changed now on the beta grid and you are SUPPOSED to have both inventories there. This is sometimes very handy and I do appreciate looking better over there (vain vain).

BUT it is not working all that well. For a long while much of my main grid inventory was listed but not available including body parts so I went around in just a necklace and alpha layer for some days (yes I could have put on some old stuff from my aditi inventory (well maybe) but it didn't matter.

THAT got fixed for me, but last night I went over to test an addition to some mesh I had made the day before and carefully SAVED with SAVE in the filename :D.  All my uploads from the day before were gone. So I uploaded it all again and happily it wasn't too complex an object.

So while the idea is a great one, it might be awhile until it is stable. If you really NEED something to work on over time -- like a building -- then leaving it rezzed and rerezing often so that it remains out might be wise.  That has been and will be my plan for awhile.

• Like 1

A the risk of sounding hopelessly ignorant, I have to say that the usual search option only gives me Agni locations. I was able to pull up a map and find a few sandboxes by searching on the map. And I managed to replace the invisible avatar with one I recognize from the other grid, and test some textures on a large build I'm working on, so I suppose I am making progress.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

i have the same issue.
I was never there before and my Login from "Normal Grid" doesn't work for "Beta Grid".
I also can't register on Linden Lab. I alway got redirected to "secondlife.com".
Also I contact the support about this, but no response since several days.

Very annoying for a beginner Creator to join SL.

You have to open a Support Ticket and ask for access to Aditi.

I was able to get this accomplished recently, though it took a bit more back and forth than I had expected.

But Support Ticket it and a helpful Linden will sync your inventory to Aditi and you can get in. Which seemed a strange way to phrase it for my brand new building alt, but there you go. She now has empty inventories on both grids. :matte-motes-smile:

If you want to upload mesh on Aditi, you have to take the mesh upload test via the ADITI account page (Dashboard) for that avatar. (Note: This won't work until you have access to Aditi.)

This link got me there a week ago, today it didn't.

https://id.aditi.lindenlab.com/openid/login?return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fsecondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com%2Fauth%2Foid_return.php%3Fredirect%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fsecondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com%252Fmy%252Faccount%252Fip%252Ftutorial.php%253F

Had some problems with going in through the account page too. It would give me the log in and then go blank. Tried with three different browsers too. Eventually a refresh or page back or something got me to it.

https://secondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com

Under the Account section is Mesh Upload Status. Click on that. You need Payment Info on File, but it can only be done via Agni. That should work for both grids. (It can also be done while you're waiting for a nice Linden to sync your inventory and let you into Aditi.)

You need to take the mesh upload test separately for each grid however. It's easy to find under Mesh Upload Status.

No guarantees this will continue working, but it's how it is as of the beginning of September 2016. It is round about, poorly documented, counter intuitive, and several unprintables. And this is coming from someone with experience. :matte-motes-confused:

First step: Open a Support Ticket and ask for access to Aditi.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.