Problem with Balcony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if any other builders have run into the problem of balconies. I have a two person private balcony on the front of the home that I'm building. I finally got the doors to open and close correctly and I can walk in and out of all except for the balcony door. I click on the doors they open and it's as of there is an invisible wall there, but after using Cntrl+Alt+T there is nothing invisible there. the upper door is the same size as the lower door. I have used prim with the house and I've kept the mesh separate and will connect the two with a rezzer so there isn't mesh v. sculpt or prim issues.

If anyone has had this problem.... and you know the solution please let me know.

Atlantis Jewell.

I suspect the problem is with the physics model of either your house or the balcony. If you have your physics models generated by the uploader that might be the cause. Be sure to analyze your physics and check the model in the uploader before uploading to SL and set them to prim afterwards.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but my balcony is made of all prims with a prim door, frame, and there's an empty space in-between. It isn't the part of the house that is mesh.

Does anyone know why of the three prim doors in my home I can't walk out only two of them and the third one has an "invisible" wall, but after looking at the hole in the wall there is nothing invisible there.

If this is a physics problem then please give me step by step instructions.

Sincerely,

Atlantis Jewell

This can have a couple of reasons. Without knowing/seeing the build, it's hard to tell what's going on. But maybe you just have set something to Physics Shape Type Convex Hull, when it should be set to type Prim. The physics shape type can be edited in the Features tab of the Build floater. But be careful, and just select individual prims, or you will change the whole linksets physics type at once.

It's also possible that a mesh physics shape is blocking the way, even it is set to physics shape type Prim. Depending on how it has been uploaded, it's possible that it's set to convex hull physics, when it's smaller than 0.5 meters in one dimension.

As a start you can make all physics shapes visible under Develop -> Render Metadata -> Physics Shapes

It looks like this:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.