Non-member spamming group: no possibility to moderate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all

Sorry if I start a double post, couldn't find any appropriate thread or blog for my problem. Maybe just too tired.... ^^

Usually a moderator can disable text chat allowance in a group chat if someone is spamming. Now, if the person have already been in the group chat and - while still staying there - was deleted from the group or left the group it's not possible to moderate this user anymore?? Are there really no other possibilites for group moderators to stop a non-member harrassing a whole group? (except asking everyone to mute this person)

Appreciate any hints! Thanks.

Thanks for the helpful link! :)

Well, that is really a pain. The groupchat I experienced was spammed for over 3 hours :( Sure, abuse reports were written and people asked to mute the spammer but this is also spamming for the whole group if moderators need to repeat themselves for the new group participants again and again..... *not happy* :smileysad:

• 1 month later...

we had this exact same problem once.. finally realized, if you click the arrow in the upper right of the chat window, it should give you a list of residents in the chat (even if the resident has already been removed from the group).. all the moderator has to do is highlight the resident... and uncheck the box below to disable their chat.. although.. that function may vary depending on which viewer you're using..

i have phoenix.. and it works fine for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.