Is it possible to uncheck the boxes in you contact list without knowing it???

Sadie Sangria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Anything is possible but if I understand you correctly, it sounds unlikely.

Removing a Friend's ability to see you on the Map is usually only discovered when a Friend attempts to see you on the Map.

Allowing a Friend to Edit your Objects will send a notification, I don't think a message is sent if the ability is removed.

Showing Online Status is noticed rather quickly if a Friends sends an Instant Message.

A Resident could accidently click on one of the Selections and Allow or Dis-Allow an ability.

I've never done it but that's just me.

I assume you are talking about the "see me online" boxes in the friends list.  I have on occassion un-checked the wrong person by mistake.  I once had a very good friend mute me be mistake (and that was really hard to fix! - we both thought we were ignoring each other until I recruited a third party as go between and the mistake was discovered).  Mistakes happen.  Then again I have unchecked those boxes on purpose and then sent an IM before re-checking it - causing my friend to ask if I was hiding from them (DRAMA!).  So either way, don't take it personally - everyone has their own style of being in SL - some people don't like to be pestered by IM's while they are busy or concentrating on something.  If you start to obsess about it you will only drive them further away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.