Unscheduled Maintenance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why do we have maintenance at the busiest time of the week? 
Seems to me that the Linden corp needs to get it's act together after all these years. Considering there are relatively less people on sl now than when I started 7 years ago it amazes me that this can still happen. I know from messages that so many have been inconvenienced today/tonight by this unscheduled maintenance and it's not good enough. Especially as it has happened out of the blue without warning. I can see more and nore switching to Inworldz or leaving sl altogether.
Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened and seems that we the users are last to be thought of.

If there's unscheduled maintenance on a weekend (like today), I would assume it's due to something fairly serious and unforeseen that needs to be addressed immediately, such as some hardware failure of critical hardware or something along those lines.

Gonzo Alderson wrote:

Why do we have maintenance at the busiest time of the week? 

Seems to me that the Linden corp needs to get it's act together after all these years. Considering there are relatively less people on sl now than when I started 7 years ago it amazes me that this can still happen. I know from messages that so many have been inconvenienced today/tonight by this unscheduled maintenance and it's not good enough. Especially as it has happened out of the blue without warning. I can see more and nore switching to Inworldz or leaving sl altogether.

Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened and seems that we the users are last to be thought of.

Tell me, do you schedule when you will get a flat tire on your car? Or a broken tail light or windshield? Perhaps you know exactly when you will break your leg or get the flu? Unscheduled means something bad happened and we are fixing it. Be glad they have staff that works weekends..

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.