Sign in to follow this  
Nicole Portola

Not logging in

Don't let it put you off. And by all means seek me out inworld if you're at a loss for something to do, there's a lot of live entertainment going on at this time of day.

Arthur Reece wrote:

Obviously their "advanced stoneage servers" can't keep up any longer...When are they going to do a major fix?...I've never seen as many "unscheduled maintenance" as in the past year...with the money they're raking in, you'd think they'd pour some back into fixing things that desperately need fixing

Just curious, but, when did you join?

I ask because we've had loads and loads of times when the problems were much worse, and lasted days at a time.  2007 was particularly annoying, 2008 had soe massive issues, 2009 was just plain awful for a month(not constant, it was issues on and off). 2010 had it's own flaws

And mostt years before 2007, well, it was still kinda new(in the grand scheme) so there were always issues here and there, not including the regular maintenance days when the entire grid would be down for the day, lol. 

I don't think there's been one year yet that hasn't seen various unscheduled maintenance times since it's inception. 

If it's unscheduled, Pettycoat, there's no telling how long it might be. Unscheduled suggests an unexpected problem. Maybe a cat chewed through a wire, mayber Linden Labs is on fire, who knows?

It really hasn't been that long, give them some time and they will fix it!  Reading some of these messages reminds me of me when I first came to second life.

Everyone take a deep breath, they will fix it.

Stay calm everyone. These are simple compared to the old days.. every wednesday (right as I got off work for my 2 days off even!) . When they added flexiprims and sculpty the servers had hiccups trying to adjust.

"am I allowed to stop paying for this unstable 13 year old betaversion ? Smiley Very Happy" Charlie Stokes

You are free to leave at any time. Compare SL engine with a car - after 13 years, it gets buggy. Doesn't mean we don't still love it for what it is.

"with the money they're raking in, you'd think they'd pour some back into fixing things that desperately need fixing" Arthur Reece

yes, that is called Sansar