Using Singularity Viewer and it keeps telling me Client Frame Rate between 10-15 too high

PrimaSecret69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can you tell me where I can adjust the "client frame rating".....on my lag meter my lights are almost always yellow or red for all three categories. 

I really don't like using the Singularity Viewer, it is way to complex from using the SL Viewer.  Can't even control avatar movement with the mouse...have to use the arrow keys.  I'd mush rather use the Firestorm Viewer, but for some reason won't run on my Windows 8.

Thanks for listening.

I've only been playing in the SL world for about 2 weeks now, and I think I've uninstalled and reinstalled more the 7 times .......have had so many problems with loading and crashing.

Renee 

aka....PrimaSecret (SL)

2 answers to this question

You're probably getting the problem because Singularity is considered an out of date viewer. It hasn't been updated in a good while so probably has conflicts with updated sim scripting.

You need to change to a newer viewer listed here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory under the active viewer directory if you aren't going to use the Standard SL viewer. CtrlAlt Studio is fairly easy on a computer. 

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Singularity (or help -> About Second Life on the LL viewer), click the "Copy to Clipboard" button & paste all your system information into a comment here.

What happens when you launch Firestorm.  Does the viewer crash?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.