Web based browser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was surprised today to see that the web based browser is still available but disappointed That I don't know how I got to it.(or was selected) Basically I had one of Firefoxes tabs opened to the map page. I had copied the slurl off it and went in world to buy some clothes leaving the tabs open.About a half hour later I went back to firefox(still open under SL) and discovered an overlay on the map page offering me access to check into sl. I did and saw something similar to the previous web browser, but with more options I believe...but got signed out cause I wanted to see what that shiny button that offered me full access.(I know I know..never click the shiny color changing buttons...)

So the web based browser is still being worked on and available??? And if so how do we get regular access to it so we can offer our valuable opinions???LOL

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

or maybe it lead them to the beginners more..Considering how many times I've seen folks complaining they can't get into second life because they missed that they needed to dl a viewer.The immediate gratification of a web based browser would have it's place if for no other reason then to get them into the game quickly and lead them to the download...

• 3 months later...

Please let me know how to get into the web-based browser.

I have an older computer, it has enough power (barely) to log in. I was using Snowglobe and the LL disabled it. I'm now using Imprudence. And I'm a performer, every time a club I'm in drops the stream (mine or someone else's), the browser locks up.

I've tried using SL2. It works. But after 45 minutes, I'm still rezzing.

If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out that I upgraded my computer, fixed all my problems... and now there's a ground on my motherboard somewhere causing a minor short. Until I find it, no luck, and my laptop is an ancient 2001 Sony with not enough resources to do anything but the web browser, hence my previous post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.