How do you modify a HUD in your outfits without breaking its link? (if possible?)

Real Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I ask this question because after asking other people around me, this issue with Outfit creation seems to be problematic for lot of people :

I wear some HUDs, like especially dance HUDS.
When I create an outfit, the viewer creates links to these HUDs as well as links for my clothes etc... The problem is when I want to modify a HUD (like for example, adding a dance to my dance HUD), as I can't modify the attachment while wearing, I have to rezz it on the ground, modify it and then get it back in my inventory.

I think that this issue should be also for people wearing HUDs that get updates often (I think about RP HUDs, like Bloodlines for example).

> What I see, is that even if the HUD is 'no-copy', the link to that HUD in my inventory (and in my outfit so) get broken, and there's no possibility to fix it... :matte-motes-confused:

Do you have a method to get around this issue?

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Real,

Yes you are correct about the semi-no copy status of the HUD.

The correct way to edit the HUD and add more dances to it is to rez it in-world and make the changes to it then take it back up. However, and there is always a However, if when you rez it in-world it also remains in your inventory then it is assigned a new object UUID. That causes the broken link on your saved outfits in your inventory.

So yes, you have to take it back up and then do as i do, make sure that all "Broken Links" are deleted from you inventory then manually copy/paste the HUD [link] back into the Outfit Folders you use it in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.