Broken mesh. HELP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I have installed the SL viewer yesterday for the first time in this computer.

Everything works besides that the animated mesh breaks.

Graffics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

This is a gaming built computer with updated drivers.

Within the viewer:

- Bandwidth: 500

- View Distance: less than 80

- Objects & Sculpts LOD  - Max

- All graphics on Ultra, no issues.

This also happens to third party viewers like Singularity and Firestorm.

Antivirus: 360 Total Security (the viewer had not been blocked by the antivirus and was whitelisted upon installing.)

How the broken meshes look like when animated: https://i.gyazo.com/a69d899dd1fab325a64aaba1bfac462e.gif

Please help me! I had tried contacting within the chat groups themselves, but i've got no clue how to solve this.

Information update: the mesh ears and head work when in a empty sim like a sandbox. But it breaks in a populated area.

Update: Setting the graffics to mid temporarily solves the problem, upon reaching a populated area the mesh items break again after 5 minutes.

Yes i am wearing only one copy at the time. I had double checked. However the reviews in the items show no issue about this what so ever, and seem to be quiet formidable in quality. I could contact them, i fear this maybe a coding issue.

Kittyrina wrote:

- Bandwidth: 500

- View Distance: less than 80

- Objects & Sculpts LOD  - Max

- All graphics on Ultra, no issues.

What happens if you turn down the gaphics load a bit, like overall greaphics setting to High or Mid and Objects & Sculpt LOD to mid?

I had the same problem with mesh animating badly around the end of last year. It cleared itself up eventually. I think it might be a driver issue.

Have you checked your drivers are up to date?

Iobit do a free "Driver booster" that checks for out of date drivers, I used that and it found lots of out of date drivers.

Okay, Ive contacted the creators and it seems to be a server issue. Since i never personally pick up any lag from having a good pc, WITHIN the servers themselves, it does lag. So the ears and head bug out from sim's lag IF IN A POPULATED AREA.

Setting the graffics to mid and sculpt LOD  to mid had for now, fixed the issue.

i will keep this threat updated for any changes

often when this happens can quick fix the mesh by right-click on the mesh and Edit, which will force a redraw of the selected object, and then close the Edit dialog 

if you cant select the mesh directly itself then select edit a HUD object and with the Edit dialog open then can usually select Edit the mesh object

Kittyrina wrote:

Okay, Ive contacted the creators and it seems to be a server issue. Since i never personally pick up any lag from having a good pc,

That's good but I'm afraid there is no such thing as a PC that is guaranteed to handle the most render heavy parts of SL without problems.

What happens with the ears (and probably the mouth as well) is that there is actually a double set of them. One ear of each set is always invisible and then they switch to give the impression of movement. When the switching fails like this, it's usually a client side problem but it can be caused by a heavily overloaded server and maybe even connection issues (I notice your bandwidth is set very low, that may explain it).

Kittyrina wrote:

Setting the graffics to mid and sculpt LOD  to mid had
for now
, fixed the issue.

That is a very clear indication that it's a client side problem. Your graphics settings won't make any difference whatsoever to how the server or the connection performs.

Another indicator is the fps. Type ctrl-shift-1 and look at the fps for your computer and for the server. Your fps is right at the top of the stats window. The server's fps is further down (you may have to click on "Simulator" to see it. It's a fairly safe bet that it's the one with the lowest fps that is struggling to keep up with the animation.

Third indicator: scroll down to the bottom of the Statistics window and look at Time. If total frame time is lwoer than about 25 ms it's definitely not the server that is causing the problems (unless it's a very poorly written script that is). If it's lower than about 40, it's probably not the server. If it's higher than that, it's probably the server.

Edit: almost forgot:

Kittyrina wrote:

Okay, Ive contacted the creators and it seems to be a server issue.

Everything is always a server issue. The servers never answer back to defend themselves so they're the perfect scapegoats when something goes wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.