Wacom tablet advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if you all have advice on the Wacom tablet. I am thinking about getting one. Need recommendations on which model. I just can't get the precision out of a mouse. I have never used a pen tablet before. Is this a good brand? I'm thinking of getting the bamboo silver one. It has good graphic programs included. Just can't take trying to draw and work with photos using a mouse any more, To frustrating.

Thanks for your tips in advance.

• Like 1

Wacom is the best tablet brand to get and a pen tablet IS much better than using a mouse when drawing. It does take a little time to get used to. When I first tried a tablet it wasn't exactly like I imagined it would be but after a few days it felt more natural and the mouse felt like moving a brick around. As far as tablet size, my drawing style doesn't have broad sweeping strokes and most drawing programs let you zoom in and out so having a large tablet size is more out of preference than usefulness.

• Like 1

The Intuos line are the pro models. They're absolutely fantastic but a bit pricey.

The Bamboo line is more for students and hobbyists, I've  number of friends who have Bamboo tablets and they love them. If this is your first time trying a tablet this is probably right for you!

It takes a bit getting used to working with a tablet, but keep at it! Once you get the hang of it it is SO much easier than trying to use a mouse for that kind of work.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.