Why does this Unsecured 3rd party pay site WANT my 3 digit security code on the back of my Visa????

PolythenePam Placebo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm highly uncomfortable about being dragged into a 3rd party payment site that I've NEVER heard of before and asked for the 3 digit security # on the back of my credit card. That is UN heard of and completely UN necessary. My land teirs come from this very same credit card monthly! Why now this sudden punishment from Linden Labs for what? I'm "international". I'm in Canada! I've been inworld over 2 years. This is maddness and I sincerely trust that Linden Labs will reconsider this insult to more than 3/4s of it's population. Holy cow!

10 answers to this question

Wow, that's so cool.  You have a way of paying LL and everything.  I didn't think anyone 'foreign' (ie; most of us) could do that any more!

Seriously; any sane company makes it as easy as possible for customers to pay them.  LL doesn't.  So stop paying them and enjoy what is left until it collapses.  I'd certainly never give any personal/financial information to an unknown company.

Did you get any recognisable notificationfrom LL that this change was happening?  Did the 'known' contact/source at LL tell you to whom your details were being passed?  Did you have an opt-out choice?

Unfortunately selling customer-lists is part of US business, there is no protection for personal data as there is in western Europe.  Deal with them, deal with the problems.

Is this the new local payment site for non-US residents that lets you buy Lindens in your own currency?

Its only available to new residents so us oldies haven`t got to see it yet. I have seen a couple of old residents complain that they WANT to be able to use it though, they seem to be of the opinion its a good thing.

most likely the processor is an american company. the 3 digit securtiy code is a feature that major credit cards such as visa, mastercard, and discover now require most american and many non american credit companies to ask for.  the idea is that since that number is not in the magnetic strip you have to actually have the card in hand to use it.  most likely your credit card will fail any and all transactions over the net that do not include the card... 

I'm sorry, I still can't wrap my head around this. LL's already has my credit card information on file, I've been using this same card for years now. LL's automatically takes my land tier from it monthly. So, why now, I have to go to Lindex ( I think ?) and enter something I'm quite uncomfortable about (security # on back of card) when this credit card # is already registered with LL's. Does anyone know if this whole situation is going to be corrected soon, and I'll be able to purchase Linden inworld once again like the good ole days?

PolythenePam Placebo wrote:

I'm sorry, I still can't wrap my head around this. LL's already has my credit card information on file, I've been using this same card for years now. LL's automatically takes my land tier from it monthly. So, why now, I have to go to Lindex ( I think ?) and enter something I'm quite uncomfortable about (security # on back of card) when this credit card # is already registered with LL's. Does anyone know if this whole situation is going to be corrected soon, and I'll be able to purchase Linden inworld once again like the good ole days?

So you weren`t trying to update your payment info? If thats the case, I would suggest that you make a free call to the Billing department and find out what is going on.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.