Non-mesh vs mesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

one of my observations with mesh especially as regards avatars is that it will be reduced to a small selection of cash-cow mesh avatars that all look the same. For all its sins, the basic avatar is instantly modifiable by anyone. Goo luck doing that with a mesh avatar without spending shedloads of money on mods and other add-ons.

Clothes? Hah! Incomaptibilities galore. At least with prims. sculpts and 'system' clothes it was fairly easy to come up with something unique and original on a budget, you've got no chance in a mesh environment. Sure it all looks fantastic so now we end up with yet more social stratification: those who can splurge out endless on mesh avatars and those who can't.

You know I wouldn't mind the mesh avatar thing so much if there were at least freebie base mesh avatars supplied by Linden Lab so as to provide a cosnsistent standard for both content creators and consumers.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

You know I wouldn't mind the mesh avatar thing so much if there were at least freebie base mesh avatars supplied by Linden Lab so as to provide a cosnsistent standard for both content creators and consumers.

There are some of those.to get new people started.  However, it is not Linden Lab's job to create content.

• 6 months later...

Mesh is a lot of problems  and everybody don't want mesh products to wear . i do not like mesh at all . i perfer my regular clohes so when i go places peopel can see what i have on and not tell me i am naked , or wear mesh hair and they tellme i got no hair on my head a i am baldheaded. i do nto like that at all . That is why i do ntowant no mesh products to many problems  with it . you have to wai befoe u can see the clothes on a person . i do not like that at all.  Please make reguar  colthes for peopel to still buy and wear that mesh they can take it and shove it  somewhere . i is no good the peopel are to stupid to see it they think they got something when they have a headache with it and people telling u  u r nakesd  or bald headed . I hate it. I want  regular clothes peopel can see on me that still look good on a avatar. I STILL GGET COOMPLIMENTS ABOUT I LOOK GOOD IN MY CLOTHES I WEAR THAT IS NOT MESH. mY CLOTHES ARE AWESOME  AND MESH CAN'T TOP THEM FOR THE WAY THEY LOOK EITHER .

9 years in SL and somehow you think a ToS disclaimer about private chats in your profile overrides the LL ToS.  And you want to talk about games? LOL!!!

You can make your point about mesh without the bold and caps. Might want to hit spell check though. I'm not sure if a 5 month old last post counts, but hey.. Tis the season of giving.

What's with the mesh vs. non mesh war that seems to have broken out?  

People can wear mesh if they want to and that doesn't make them 'stupid'.  Funny, when I go places, I never have the problems of mesh rezzing.  All the mesh rezzes within a few seconds even in crowds.  So it's not the mesh wearers fault your computer is not up to it or internet is not fast enough to rez mesh.

If you want to stick to the legacy avatar and wear system clothes, that's fine with me.  It's your choice.  But don't call people names and make rude remarks because you don't like their choices.  There are enough people that will criticize you severly for your choices.  SL is about people being able to wear the avatar they are most comfortable with.

Clothing designers will make the clothes that the market demands, which is for mesh bodies right now.  You might want to check out applier clothing, as some of them also include the system layer clothes the legacy avatar can wear.  You can just delete the appliers in your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.