suggest a destination

PincoPallino1488303273

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to suggest the destinations of my land. Unfortunately I encountered a problem and misunderstanding. The misunderstanding is that I can not understand what's the Venue Title in paragraph Suggested Inworld Venue ('im italian and i didn't found a translation). The problem however is that despite some downsizing, once it loads the picture from a web link, the site of the LL does not accept it. I did not understand how I should do to take the photo by the suggestion form, but I followed the instructions to the letter (This Should Be a link to a web hosted image (at a public site Such as Flickr or Photobucket) That You Would Like Us to include with your listing. Please only submit screenshots in 657w x 394h in. jpg format. Do not add promotional text or logos over your screenshot. The above URL Entered Should point to the "Original" or "Large" size. Images That Are Not submitted in the correct format May disqualify your submission from consideration.
[Eg, http://farm4.static.flickr.com/imagepath.jpg])

I saw that on the page of land inside the viewer, for example, there is a chance to publicize the landmark of our land if you go into land info I think to remember. It provides a number (minimum 50 linden dollars per week) and decide whether to renew automatically every week. I wanted to know if the system works, how is reliable and also I know is an answer a bit unbearable, but i have a new land, then what would it be worth spending a week on advertising. I also wanted to know if the system is equivalent to the classical suggest destinations. thanks for the info!

8 answers to this question

You need to open your picture in a picture editing program (most computers have at least one default one installed) & either resize or crop it so that it is no bigger than 657 x394 pixels. Then upload it to a site such as Flickr or Photobucket and enter the URL into your application.

As for whether or not additional advertising is cost effective, only you can really be the judge of that. I would suggest maybe trying it for a few weeks @ 50L and see if it makes any difference to the traffic on your land.

• Like 1

In the old viewer, you would create and list a Classified Ad for your parcel in (oddly enough) your Profile, not (as you would think) in the land settings.  You can still do this with the third party Phoenix viewer.

I've just spent some time looking in the latest released LL viewer (2.5.2) and cannot find the Classified Ad function anywhere.  It would seem that it got dropped when LL added the new web-based profiles.

• Like 1

i tried to resize in 657 x 394 pixel with photoshop and upload into Flickr and to give direct link to past in Suggest Destination Form. but without result. the Duggest Destination Form say which it's impossibile to charge the image. I think should be a problem of copyright on the photo uploaded on Flickr, but what type of copyright choose?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.