Searching for asian/korean looking mesh head

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nobody should consider buying Mesh heads now, with Bento so near. Nor feet and hands.

In fact, nobody should buy Mesh avatars at all right now.

Even if the avatar creator says they'll have Bento-capable version upgrades, there's no way to test the product.

Really, a responsible mesh avatar creator would take their products off market until Bento is up and running. (But all evidence suggests "responsible mesh avatar creator" is a contradiction in terms.)

Qie Niangao wrote:

Nobody should consider buying Mesh heads now, with Bento so near. Nor feet and hands.

In fact, nobody should buy Mesh avatars at all right now.

Even if the avatar creator says they'll have Bento-capable version upgrades, there's no way to test the product.

Really, a responsible mesh avatar creator would take their products off market until Bento is up and running. (But all evidence suggests "responsible mesh avatar creator" is a contradiction in terms.)

There is a thing called *free update* and Maitreya is been doing that for their Lara mesh body which is now on version 3.5  . I Have tons of normal size mesh clothing from few years back and fitmesh only compatible with the system avatar that are now mostly useless or incompatible with my mesh body.  New features and stuffs that goes to full realesed in sl are  unpredictable . Why would you refrain your self from doing things that you want to do on the time that you want to do it? It is like i will buy the latest computer processon or vcard  if i wanted to and will not perpetually wait for the next generation hardwares that may come every 18 months.

By all accounts, it's but weeks away -- maybe a hundredth the time till the next generation CPU or GPU.  And those mesh avatars are crazy expensive -- more like a quarter of a new videocard, maybe more -- certainly more than I'd spend on the hope the creator might come up with a competent Bento update. 

You may trust Maitreya, and that may be justified.

In contrast, though, I have three different male mesh avatars from three top creators and I wouldn't trust any of those to do a Bento update correctly.

If the products were mod perm, I might take a chance. As is, though, they don't inspire any confidence: they've gotten literally nothing else right, so why would we expect them to start with Bento?

Chibbchichi wrote:

1. this thread was posted in the wrong forum

2. doesn't change the fact you derail it

3. i bought the head anyways because i found it

4. your point ??? just creating steam it seams lol

1. Your mistake- so what?

2. Derailing is bad for trains. For threads, it can prevent people from going to horrible places, and nobody gets killed.

3. We're happy for you.

4. His point was that for many, that is something that might be wise to avoid. I agree with it; YMMV.

Do you really have to ask?

Fine. Because all along both threads have had a whiff of shilling. This wouldn't be the first nor the last thread in these forums to flog a product on the premise of needing someone to identify it. Impossible to prove, of course (and granted, just as impossible to disprove, so nobody wants to make such an accusation).

So anyway, at the very least, a little prudent caution to other readers seems warranted about buying such things just now, when any non-Bento-capable mesh head is so very near obsolescence, absent a possible update that's not yetavailable to test, if it's even been promised.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.