Weird login issue please help!

xXAllforLostXx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I need to log into SL viewer to upload listings to my MP store, but I CAN'T GET IN!!! I'm not even getting errors. The SL viewer loads up just fine, but when the progress bar hits "loading world" it just gets stuck! My friends claim I'm logged in but I can't see anything! I have updated the viewer and done at least 6 clean reinstalls, so what now? Until this is fixed I can't upload anything to my MP store since no other Mac compatible viewer I know of has VMM. What do I do???

1 answer to this question

Can you log your alts in without any problems?

When your friends see you logged in, do you go offline after a couple of minutes, even though you still see the stuck login screen?

If the answer to both those is yes, it's could be a problem with that accounts inventory causing your login to time out - usually caused by a large flat inventory structure. If that's the case then LL support can deflatten your inventory.

As a workaround, if you clear cache before logging in, you should be able to get logged in that session. It depends what's actually amiss with your inventory whether a cache clear will work though.  If you are timing out during creating inventory views (inventory structure loading from cache) then a cache clear should work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.